Sponsored

8 Steps stalled

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

My trade-in hit a snag as well. Ask your guide to get more info from finance team. In my case, they needed me to get a payoff quote from the lienholder. Once I uploaded that it went through the same day and I completed the trade-in step.
Sponsored

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
That depends on what state you live in. If your state allows direct sales, you can show up at delivery with a cashier's check. Here in TX which doesn't allow direct sales, my payment had to be sent FedEx overnight to arrive at Rivian by 3pm the day before the scheduled delivery. So no way to inspect the vehicle before making payment in my case. And in spite of pictures of the check and a FedEx tracking number, Rivian would not proceed with delivery until the check was in their possession. This caused me to have to delay my delivery from a Saturday to Tuesday because FedEx didn't deliver the check on Friday due to severe weather delaying the shipment.
I wonder if they'll let you see the vehicle, then pay, then pick it up later after the check is in their hands?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I wonder if they'll let you see the vehicle, then pay, then pick it up later after the check is in their hands?
Typically no, but I believe someone on the forum got lucky and scored an exterior walk around. Couldn't sit inside though. That's why they have the return period.

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

That’s not bad!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
OP
OP

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Are you happy with that? I think it's pretty good!
On the one hand yes, it's really solid and way better than I expected. Also with the tax savings it's really a total value of nearly $88k. On the other hand, I bought this R1T just over 2 months ago and am in it for $94k OTD. Not sure I want to take a net $6k hit in two months. I was honestly expecting it to be so low it wouldn't even be a consideration, but it's kind of on the edge right now. Given the market for R1Ts it's definitely an advantageous offer.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
On the one hand yes, it's really solid and way better than I expected. Also with the tax savings it's really a total value of nearly $88k. On the other hand, I bought this R1T just over 2 months ago and am in it for $94k OTD. Not sure I want to take a net $6k hit in two months. I was honestly expecting it to be so low it wouldn't even be a consideration, but it's kind of on the edge right now. Given the market for R1Ts it's definitely an advantageous offer.
Good points. There is no way you would get all of that back like those who were flipping in the first few months. Compared to what others are selling for now it's about as good as could be expected.
Sponsored