all EV stock jumped +10%

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Emotional trading is the worst type of trading.

I pick a company that I am willing to hold forever and DCA into until something changes.

Nothing has changed with my investment thesis. I am DCA business as usual and waiting for shorts to really get emotional and give me even larger discounts so I can add some call options into the mix once we get closer to R2 launch.

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_4938

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1173

LetsgoRIVN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Emotional trading is the worst type of trading.

I pick a company that I am willing to hold forever and DCA into until something changes.

Nothing has changed with my investment thesis. I am DCA business as usual and waiting for shorts to really get emotional and give me even larger discounts so I can add some call options into the mix once we get closer to R2 launch.

IMG_4938.png

IMG_1173.jpeg
I wonder why didn’t Warren buffet invest in Rivian ?

Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

taxes to stop the millions of foreign EVs flooding the US market LOL
Laugh all you want, but if there are no protective measures taken, US auto manufacturing will likely go the way of US television manufacturing. Whatever else I may think of Elon Musk, I suspect that he understands car manufacturing - especially EVs.
Elon Musk: "If there are no trade barriers established, they (Chinese manufacturers) will pretty much demolish most other car companies in the world," he said. "They're extremely good."

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Good Morning Shorts and Stock Bashers. I hope your Memorial day weekend is going well.

While the world sleeps and USA takes the day off for Memorial day. Heavily shorted stocks being traded today in Europe which have finally completed their turnaround to profitability similar to how Rivian is working towards profitability are going up 20% - 30% overnight.

What I am trying to tell you is its about time in the market and not trying to time the market.

When Rivian shorts start to close, you will see prices jump 10% - 20% in a blink of an eye as the market maker begins to hedge options that go in the money as shorts begin to close.

This delta hedging will push the Rivian price up similar to how you're seeing GME become volatile as options trigger gamma and delta hedging.

My plan is to buy a bunch of $10 RIVN LEAPS CALL Options over the next 3 - 6 months.

TL;DR - Dollar Cost Average business as usual into Rivian and watch it pop 15% - 25% overnight as shorts see the profitability writing on the wall to begin closing their positions.

Use GME stock movement which is heavily shorted around 20% to see what Rivian stock will do as profitability occurs.

In 1 month GME has moved up 100%.

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% 1716797741104-m2

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Time to bring in Finviz and compare.

short interest over 19%+ for both, both are focused on heavy cost cutting for turnaround. EPS for both are bad.

Please bring another comparable to the table.

Short Interest RIVN: 19%

Short Interest GME: 25%

RIVN EPS: -5.76

GME EPS: 0.02

Edit: Both have plenty of cash on the books, both are consumer cyclical, both have good amount of insider ownership 12%+.

Both are / were in a wedge and descending until the breakpoint aka turnaround / profitability.

That is when you see fireworks.

Leave the feelings at the door when you step on the trading floor and focus on making money.

You see the setup and fundamentals, You have conviction. You start putting money where you can envision the future of the company.

Tesla, Bitcoin, AMD, GME all / were stocks/currency with heavy short interest or bad sentiment. Look at where they are today or where they are headed. Gains are Gains.

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% 1716816720626-wx

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1714
Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1715

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
1T2022

1T2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T3YR1T
Clubs

Up to $15 within months is very reasonable expectation .

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm a buyer all the way to $25 but first I will add a bunch of $10 call options expiring Jan 2026.

Edit: Scratch that. I will sell cash secured juicy 75% - 85% IV $10 puts / $12.5 puts on RIVN out to Dec 18, 2026. Take the $5.45 / $4.75 premium to reduce my cost basis.

Then I will add calls and shares using the premiums from selling puts.

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1723
Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1721

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I just picked up 300 shares for less than $10.87 per share.

I’ll continue to Dollar Cost Average as long as Rivian continues to improve towards profitability.

I like what I see with the refresh and will continue to double down on my investment.

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

RIVN calls are up 15% and I bet those short puts are doing well.

edit: shorts are starting to close. I see plenty of similarity.

market is red and short stocks are green.

Negative beta FTW

Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1886
Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_7874
Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1888
Rivian R1T R1S all EV stock jumped +10% IMG_1889

Last edited: