Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Was an idiot and backed up into a concrete lamppost base while parking. Was distracted with the kids, but zero excuse for poor parking. Anyway, I saw the following thread and figured it was worth giving PDR a shot even though my dent looked worse than @DTown3011 's. PPF fortunately did its job and prevented any paint damage. But the film was definitely torn up.

Right after the incident:
Rivian R1T R1S Amazing PDR work on my R1S in Orange County, CA 1715297322294-pd

Fortunately found a well rated guy nearby my home (off a Facebook group), scheduled an appointment Tuesday morning for him to provide an estimate. After reviewing his Instagram feed, I slowed down on getting other quotes. I figured the convenience of going to someone local, and the fact that he worked on a number of other Rivians (including a yellow one with a similar dent) would've overshadowed any potential price break going with anyone else.

Once I got the estimate (which was cheaper than I expected, especially since he said he was def. going to remove the bumper), I got him to book me for that Saturday. Well as luck would have it, that afternoon, an R1T that was supposed to show up rescheduled. So I replaced him (and the R1T took my Saturday appointment). Dropped off the car in the early afternoon on Tuesday and got it back the next morning. Before and after videos taken by the service provider below.

He attempted to fix w/o cutting the PPF but eventually had to. Fortunately, my PPF guy said he'd take care of me in terms of replacing that entire panel (how's that for service!).

Going to take my other car to him at the end of the month. Have a few small dents that have been around for a year or two. Now that I've found my local PDR guy, no brainer to have them taken out. If anyone is around the Orange County area looking for paintless dent removal, check out https://www.instagram.com/mannyspdr .

Sponsored

Last edited:

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Great work!

Sometimes I wonder if body shops really quote the $20K, then call up their local PDR expert, and get it done for 10x less and pocket the difference.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Amazing to see this. I have a defect in my passenger door and they're like PDR can't do anything more with it and would need a new skin and blend the paint (Rivian offered to pay for it). I'm just going to just deal with it rather than going through all that since you only can only see it on an angle. I guess some areas are easier to PDR than others...

OP
OP
citizen

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Took my car back in to my PPF guy to get the panel rewrapped, he was impressed with the PDR work given that he had another Rivian in recently to get rewrapped for another post-PDR repair (by a Rivian-certified PDR guy, whatever that means), and that still had a noticeable dent in the bodywork.

He helped me get my tailgate torsion bar back into place too! We noticed it popped off earlier in the day so while he was waiting for the PPF to set he messed around with it and got it to hook back on.

Rivian R1T R1S Amazing PDR work on my R1S in Orange County, CA 1715992642847-4

Rivian R1T R1S Amazing PDR work on my R1S in Orange County, CA 1715992764056-

Rivian R1T R1S Amazing PDR work on my R1S in Orange County, CA 1715992701042-

Rivian R1T R1S Amazing PDR work on my R1S in Orange County, CA 1715992807631-c6
Sponsored