Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So you really didn't care about Tesla SC integration? That had to have been a huge amount of work to get going.
I don't really. Especially after what went down last week.
Sponsored

OP
OP

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I don't really. Especially after what went down last week.
I think weā€™re a little spoiled tbh. Rivian is killing it on the updates front. Almost every 4 weeks they give us updates with a laundry list of improvements and bug fixes. I donā€™t even think Tesla is pushing updates this regularly. And I donā€™t think thereā€™s any other automaker close on OTA updates. Lucid is maybe a faaaaar third.

kallisti5

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Issues i've started seeing after 2024.11:

* Tidal album / track pictures not showing up
* Had some plug and charge payment issues start

Did a soft reboot / hard reboot / logout + login of tidal. No resolution.

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition, R1S
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if it's related to 2024.11, but I put our R1S in Wiper Service mode and it won't come out of it. So I have no wipers, front or rear, and the frunk will unlock, but not open because it thinks the wipers are in the way. Friday a tech is coming to figure it out.

Sponsored

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I could really use a button to manually start "Battery Pre-conditioning" as I head to yet another SC not on the Rivian Sat Nav screen :cool:
Why isn't the Supercharger in the Rivian nav? Are you filtering stations correctly?

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Why isn't the Supercharger in the Rivian nav? Are you filtering stations correctly?
The Rivian nav only shows chargers from a limited number of charging networks. @Tarkus frequently uses chargers on other networks, IIRC.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The Rivian nav only shows chargers from a limited number of charging networks. @Tarkus frequently uses chargers on other networks, IIRC.
Okay, my confusion then. Supercharger (SC) is the Tesla brand name for a DC fast charger, not the biggest fan of when people call other chargers that.

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Issues i've started seeing after 2024.11:

* Tidal album / track pictures not showing up
* Had some plug and charge payment issues start

Did a soft reboot / hard reboot / logout + login of tidal. No resolution.
I don't think the Tidal issue is related to 2024.11. I've been having the album art come and go for months now. I think it's just a glitchy and/or data hogging app.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I don't think the Tidal issue is related to 2024.11. I've been having the album art come and go for months now. I think it's just a glitchy and/or data hogging app.
Agreed. I lose the tidal album and track art over at random times. It doesnā€™t really seem to be linked to any one update or event. Maybe after the refresh software is released, tidal will be more predictable.

Sponsored

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Since the last update my nav has stopped giving directions twice. Soft reset fixes it.

antelux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Forrester
Clubs

I got a notification for Version 2024.11.02 (bc505371) even though I was on the exact same version from April 15. So it seems like Rivian might not have a new update for May,

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

Iā€™m assuming you meant 4 weeks not 4 months. And that jives with my comment that they are slowing down, hence my comment. What people donā€™t seem to understand is that Iā€™m not stating I expect them to cater to my individual needs. Iā€™m simply stating their updates did not pertain to me and I wish something more useful came along. Not that I expect custom stuff for me. Please donā€™t read more into than there really is. It was a very simple straightforward statement.
Yes, 4weeks-original corrected.

Roughly every 4 weeks does not jive with your comment that they are slowing down. And you pretty much confirm my original thought that if itā€™s not useful to you then itā€™s not useful.

Itā€™s a ā€˜meā€™ world, folks.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Hmmm. If one werenā€™t perusing forums like this or Reddit, how would one ever even know there was a software update three weeks ago that was never sent to their vehicle? :movember:
You wouldnā€™t know.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Has Rivian trimmed the development team? Seems like updates are taking longer and longer. I also get that with more vehicles on the road they have to be more careful. Hope the next one has something I like. 2024.11 was the least useful thus far.
I have to wonder if the slowdown is a combination of factors:
- Since it seems that are delivering more regression bugs, maybe they are now taking more time for regression testing?
- The list of features they can implement quickly/easily is getting smaller, so whatā€™s coming takes longer development?
- Part of the team is focusing on the R1 network architecture change which almost certainly involves code changes, as well as the R2 development?
Sponsored