Sponsored

Are all Tesla superchargers now available to Rivian or only specific ones?

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
Are all Tesla superchargers now available to Rivian or only specific ones? If so is there a map that shows the ones that are available? I am anxiously awaiting my adapter.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yes,
No
Check the Rivian, tesla apps or websites and you can see the maps for either Tesla stations with a magic dock or that are open to NACS (with an adapter).

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Are all Tesla superchargers now available to Rivian or only specific ones? If so is there a map that shows the ones that are available? I am anxiously awaiting my adapter.
Tesla has a map, Rivian has their app and nav that has which ones are available.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

These SCs are available to everyone since they use Magic Dock (and your Rivian will Plug and Charge so you don't need to use the Tesla app).

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bo...5826,-126.00861380918563&zoom=6&filters=party

These are all the SCs open to Magic Dock *and* NACS compatible vehicles (with a CCS to NACS adapter to be obtained from Rivian...s00n).

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bo...-126.00861380918563&zoom=6&filters=party,nacs

Basically it's almost all of the V3/V4 SCs since V2 will supposedly never support CCS / PLC communications.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Easiest is just use the Rivian NAV or Rivian App. Uncheck the filter for Hide "Needs adapter" and it will show you where you can charge for Tesla. No need to worry about showing up at incompatible stations as they won't show on the Rivian map with that setting.

Make sure the car and app are up to date to allow you to preview where you'll be able to charge with your adapter.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
No not all. Only V3 and V4 SC. And not all of those, depending on how busy they are.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
No not all. Only V3 and V4 SC. And not all of those, depending on how busy they are.
Even many not-busy-at-all V3 chargers are unavailable. Even brand new V3 chargers are unavailable, so it's not the case that they might need an upgrade before they can be made available.

You really have to check the maps, because I don't think there is any clear pattern of which V3 chargers are being made available and which are not.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Were the third party NACS to CCS adapter reviews pulled from the forum?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Not sure the layout or how busy they are factor in, I think it is software or hardware related even for some V3 locations.

There is one SC around the corner from my house that is probably the busiest one I know of and it is open to NACS. There is only 1 of 12 spots that can be used by a Rivian without blocking another stall. I tried going there to test a couple of times but was just too busy, went to a different one 3 miles away that has a better layout for my testing.

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
Here in Colorado SC access sucks. Most of the SCs on the main highways (70, 25, 76) are V2. I had a tesla before and have driven to Santa Fe, and into Nebraska, and both trips were a breeze with all the SCs available. Most of those appear to be V2s, so it’s a bit anticlimactic getting access, and then seeing how limited the options are.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG