Sponsored

Are the ventilated seats wimpy or is it just my truck?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
With the ventilated seats on full, I barely feel the air. Just curious if this is just how it works or if my truck has a problem. Only comparison I have is F150 which you can really feel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I find them a little weak, though Iā€™m super glad they blow instead of suck like my GX460. I donā€™t use them in the Lexus if Iā€™m sweaty because I donā€™t like the idea of sucking sweaty funk through the foam. It just seems gross. Iā€™ve found myself using the R1T seat fans a lot of the time and youā€™re right, itā€™s not that noticeable unless I shift around a bit.

OP
OP

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If you have the AC blasting all vents at the same time, it feels weak. Try turning the back vents off and front vents down to 2 or 1 and blast the seats šŸŒ¬šŸ’
Will try that. Thanks.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I find them a little weak, though Iā€™m super glad they blow instead of suck like my GX460. I donā€™t use them in the Lexus if Iā€™m sweaty because I donā€™t like the idea of sucking sweaty funk through the foam. It just seems gross. Iā€™ve found myself using the R1T seat fans a lot of the time and youā€™re right, itā€™s not that noticeable unless I shift around a bit.
Wait, what? My GX 460 blows air out of the seats. It does not pull air through.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Mine worked great and I had to turn them down in 110 heat on my 2000 mile trip last week.

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Ventilated seats are just seats that have a fan that blow air. I find them in the Lexus (and most cars) to be most effective when you have the AC vents blowing air on your feet. If you have the back vents on point them down as the cooler air will sink and the vents suck the air through the seats.

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
Wait, what? My GX 460 blows air out of the seats. It does not pull air through.
Interesting. Are you sure? Iā€™ve been meaning to dig into the wire harness and switch them the other way. No need anymore tho, cause now itā€™s my wifeā€™s car.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Mine freeze my ass off. Literally.
Same. Legit haven't been able to have them on for very long without getting uncomfortable.

It's also not particularly hot here.

Sponsored

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine work great. I can feeling them cooling my butt off after about 15 seconds of turning it on.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Rivian R1T R1S Are the ventilated seats wimpy or is it just my truck? 1655646960457

Thereā€™s some cars that will use suck to wick vs blow. However, I do think the Gx460 is supposed to blow air out.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Saw someone mention it seemed diminished after the recent update. Surely not? But I also swear they've been less effective since around that time... Hmmm.

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
That is an interesting observation. I kinda feel the same way.
@Yellow Buddy Nice pull on that meme! šŸ¤£ Classic

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I'll say that mine is working much better than the ventilated seats in my Silverado. I always keep the AC blowing down at the feet so maybe that's helping.
Sponsored