Sponsored

As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for the R2?

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for R2?

As much as I would like to buy the R1 for $59,920. I prefer the size of R2 for my wife who does not need a 7 seater or care for larger vehicles.

Here's to hoping we can get a dual motor R2 with 300 miles of range for $55,000 or less before rebates.

What are existing pre-order holders who were interested in a dual motor doing now that Rivian has aggressive offers to get people to shit or get off the pot by September?

Rivian R1T R1S As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for the R2? IMG_9126

Rivian R1T R1S As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for the R2? IMG_9125
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

That is a hell of a good price for an R1, I imagine most R2 builds will be in the same price range.

How do you plan on getting the full tax credit? Is it still possible to use a binding contract under the old law?

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That is a hell of a good price for an R1, I imagine most R2 builds will be in the same price range.

How do you plan on getting the full tax credit? Is it still possible to use a binding contract under the old law?

I already submitted my request for $7,500 tax credit and received it with interest by amending my 2022 tax return.

I had a binding agreement that I signed and would assume that pre-order holders who signed one will also do the same on their 2022 returns or just claim half credit of $3,750 on their 2024 returns.

I agree it's one hell of a price and a lot of vehicle for under $60,000.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
As a pre-order holder, do you pick the R1S Dual Motor for $59,920 - $7,500 rebate = $52,420 or wait for R2?

As much as I would like to buy the R1 for $59,920. I prefer the size of R2 for my wife who does not need a 7 seater or care for larger vehicles.

Here's to hoping we can get a dual motor R2 with 300 miles of range for $55,000 or less before rebates.

What are existing pre-order holders who were interested in a dual motor doing now that Rivian has aggressive offers to get people to shit or get off the pot by September?

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9125.jpeg
As a person who placed a deposit on a Model 3 and purchased a Model S when Tesla sent me an email about a deal on a software locked 60 kWh (75 kWh battery) for 66 K and eligible for the for the 7.5k tax credit I would get that smokin deal on the R1S.

I still have the Model S, they unlocked the extra battery and rebadged it as a 75 for 2k.

My rational was I get the vehicle at least 2 years earlier and have the guaranteed tax Rebate. I also had no idea when I would be on the list for the Model 3 when it started shipping. Ended up that the person I worked with that put a deposit on a Model 3 with me got his Model 3 2.5 years later and paid more for it than I paid.

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9125.jpeg
Honestly I had a bad experience with Rivian and delivery last year… they botched 2 of my deliveries with terrible QC issues. I’ve been trying to get my reservation money back along with charger and interest charges.

Having said that with the new pricing it has definitely intrigued me a little. I wouldn’t say I’m running to purchase one now but I’m contemplating. Of course I can’t get ahold of anyone to speak about my options. I did pre order the R2 since it was cheap and I figured by then Rivian will have either gone bankrupt or really gotten their stuff together. Hopefully the latter of the two. IMO I think holding off until R2 is probably the right way to go for anyone on the fence but if you want something a little more premium and clearly the most bang for your buck then R1 is the way to go.

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

As a person who placed a deposit on a Model 3 and purchased a Model S when Tesla sent me an email about a deal on a software locked 60 kWh (75 kWh battery) for 66 K and eligible for the for the 7.5k tax credit I would get that smokin deal on the R1S.

I still have the Model S, they unlocked the extra battery and rebadged it as a 75 for 2k.

My rational was I get the vehicle at least 2 years earlier and have the guaranteed tax Rebate. I also had no idea when I would be on the list for the Model 3 when it started shipping. Ended up that the person I worked with that put a deposit on a Model 3 with me got his Model 3 2.5 years later and paid more for it than I paid.
That’s an excellent point you made about the tax rebate… if Trump wins the election I can see those incentives going away.

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9125.jpeg
If you really need a vehicle now get the R1S as that’s a great deal (I think Rivian only qualifies for $3,750 in rebates, unless you lease). Two years (2026) is a looooooong wait for the R2. Unless you don’t need a vehicle right away.

Of course Rivian is shutting down some production lines in April with a possible R1 refresh on the horizon. It might be worth waiting for that, but your other deal would probably be gone by then. That’s how these things work. Frustrating, isn’t it?

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I already submitted my request for $7,500 tax credit and received it with interest by amending my 2022 tax return.

I had a binding agreement that I signed and would assume that pre-order holders who signed one will also do the same on their 2022 returns or just claim half credit of $3,750 on their 2024 returns.
Although I understand that no proof of purchase needs to be provided at time of filing or amending, how did you go ahead with the amendment without making the purchase? You do need a VIN if I recall correctly.

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I cannot see under any situation where that R1S is not a smoking deal for a world class vehicle. It's a definitive halo vehicle for Rivian. The R2 will do very well, but it's not at the level of the R1S. It isn't large in the SUV scheme of things. We have both the R1T and R1S in our garage and I never have to consider how I park the R1S. Smoking deal.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Although I understand that no proof of purchase needs to be provided at time of filing or amending, how did you go ahead with the amendment without making the purchase? You do need a VIN if I recall correctly.
I filed the day after I took delivery. I’m talking about future buyers who also signed a binding agreement like I did.

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

All R1S's are sold out in the shop. Yesterday 100s were listed.

If i Had the voucher I would go dual motor Large pack 100%.

olsonnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
All R1S's are sold out in the shop. Yesterday 100s were listed.

If i Had the voucher I would go dual motor Large pack 100%.
Depends what zip code you are using. I still see R1S in the shop but I'm only a few hours from Normal.
Sponsored