Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S, '15 650s Spider, '97 355 GTS
Occupation
Real Estate
Hi All!

I've been messing with the settings on my new (non-Meridian) R1S. Would love to see some of the sound settings you are all using! Who has the best?!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have the Meridian system, but I started with the Rock preset then adjusted the bass and a couple others to where I think it sounds pretty good to my ears. I listen to all kinds of weird music: Punk, Metal, Rap, Indie, Classic Rock, Electronic.

I thought Rock sounded the best with the widest range of music is why I started with that preset.

OP
OP

sgtpeper

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Post a picture of your settings! Do you have 3d sound on and all that?

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
This was a picture posted on that website link posted above.

Rivian R1T R1S Best stereo sound settings -- post yours! IMG_8066

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Post a picture of your settings! Do you have 3d sound on and all that?
I’ll post one tomorrow morning. I live in a condo so my garage is around the corner from my unit!

I have 3D set to “on”, but not “enhanced” because I feel like it hollows out the sound to my ears.

I also have the fade set to just behind the front seats in my T. I think in the S I have read people like that set even a little further back than that.

Sponsored

SeaRivianR1s

First Name
Sub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Tech
These are mine, combination of listening and using RTA sweep on iphone. Response drops of dramatically below 60hz, pretty lacking sub. Will need to do something about that, eventually. I do like aggressive increase in volume with speed.

Rivian R1T R1S Best stereo sound settings -- post yours! IMG_3446

Rivian R1T R1S Best stereo sound settings -- post yours! IMG_3371

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

This was a picture posted on that website link posted above.

IMG_8066.jpeg
Maybe it's just my system but I feel like this EQ curve would make your ears bleed. But I also feel like my system (new Rivian) is weirdly hollow in the mids almost out-of-phase sounding, but also shrill and brittle on the high end. I've do a bit of EQ'ing to try and sort that out but I've never been entirely pleased with it.

Going by ear (I did sound engineering for many years), my EQ curve is fairly similar to the post from @SeaRivianR1s above but without such a strong cut at 125, a small cut at 250&500 (there was a boxiness I wanted to get rid off) and slightly deeper cuts at 4&8k, and no boost at 10k, and 3D off entirely

I'm still not entirely pleased with it, but honestly making more aggressive EQ moves wasn't making things better and seemed to behave weirdly... again making me feel like phase issues are a part of the problem somewhere but with 20-odd speakers interacting in such a confined space it's not going to be easy to track that down. Overall, not really impressed with the audio. On any given track it can sound decent, but I find it's not as consistently pleasing as previous vehicles I've driven, it's just not... consistent? Hard to explain. Also it just doesn't seem very loud given the amount of power that's supposed to be involved (again compared to similar values in previous vehicles) and the sub seems passable, but flubby/anemic. It does indeed get "loud enough" though, just feels like it takes a while to get there with less headroom leftover than I would expect given the numbers.

For all the hype it seems to be a "bit better than ok" at times and infuriatingly hollow or shrill in many others. And no amount of EQ tuning seems to significantly alter that. I'd love to see some kind of full aftermarket replacement option appear. It wouldn't be high on my list of changes to make, but it would definitely be ON the list.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Maybe it's just my system but I feel like this EQ curve would make your ears bleed. But I also feel like my system (new Rivian) is weirdly hollow in the mids almost out-of-phase sounding, but also shrill and brittle on the high end. I've do a bit of EQ'ing to try and sort that out but I've never been entirely pleased with it.

Going by ear (I did sound engineering for many years), my EQ curve is fairly similar to the post from @SeaRivianR1s above but without such a strong cut at 125, a small cut at 250&500 (there was a boxiness I wanted to get rid off) and slightly deeper cuts at 4&8k, and no boost at 10k, and 3D off entirely

I'm still not entirely pleased with it, but honestly making more aggressive EQ moves wasn't making things better and seemed to behave weirdly... again making me feel like phase issues are a part of the problem somewhere but with 20-odd speakers interacting in such a confined space it's not going to be easy to track that down. Overall, not really impressed with the audio. On any given track it can sound decent, but I find it's not as consistently pleasing as previous vehicles I've driven, it's just not... consistent? Hard to explain. Also it just doesn't seem very loud given the amount of power that's supposed to be involved (again compared to similar values in previous vehicles) and the sub seems passable, but flubby/anemic. It does indeed get "loud enough" though, just feels like it takes a while to get there with less headroom leftover than I would expect given the numbers.

For all the hype it seems to be a "bit better than ok" at times and infuriatingly hollow or shrill in many others. And no amount of EQ tuning seems to significantly alter that. I'd love to see some kind of full aftermarket replacement option appear. It wouldn't be high on my list of changes to make, but it would definitely be ON the list.
I have to agree! My Range Rover had the meridian 850w 19 speaker system and that thing sounded amazing. I was so excited for the Rivian sound system and it has somewhat been a disappointment.

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
this is the first vehicle ever I’ve left on default. It’s perfect to me with the meridian system

OP
OP

sgtpeper

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Well, you're lucky enough to have the meridian system :). I still don't know why they canned it.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I forgot to post mine the other day! This setup sounds good to my 48 year old damaged ears. As I said above, I started with the rock preset, then adjusted from there. I still play with it sometimes but this sounds good with many different types of music. Subjective, of course…

Rivian R1T R1S Best stereo sound settings -- post yours! IMG_0080

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I had this weird thing last week where I was listening to a podcast (parked up) and I kept hearing this dull thud every now and then (like a mortar base plate or artillery fire in the distance, or a workman dropping a bag of cement on the bed). I actually moved the truck and it was still there ... coming from the bass under the rear seat. It was not good. Haven't had this with music, just talking. Very odd.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales