Sponsored

Calgary Service Centre Plans Revealed

wristybusiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model X
This is cool. What is the best way to look for plans in Ontario? Tried Vaughan and Toronto’s websites to see if any permit application hits with keyword “Rivian.” No luck, but could just that there are no applications submitted.

OP
OP

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Update from driving by yesterday. The building has been painted and some rough-ins for charging have been put in place.

OP
OP

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Drove by again yesterday, no progress. Seems everything is in a holding pattern

OP
OP

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Dug through some permits for the building, seems like any progress has been buried under a mountain of red tape. Rivian wants to change the building designation from industrial to direct control in order to make it a delivery center. They submitted the proposal in May 2022. As of now, it's still under review and it has to go through a presentation to the city planning commission, a public hearing, and finally a vote at city council in order to be approved.

Sponsored

Tomanik

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
IT
I drove by this location on the weekend and didn’t see any signs that work, is or has occurred. Hopefully approval with the city is not holding this up. Any educated opinions on how long it will take to get the location setup, especially since Rivian is suppose to start deliveries locally before the end of Q1.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I drove by this location on the weekend and didn’t see any signs that work, is or has occurred. Hopefully approval with the city is not holding this up. Any educated opinions on how long it will take to get the location setup, especially since Rivian is suppose to start deliveries locally before the end of Q1.
The construction is pretty quick once they get moving. It’s not a complicated setup. I went by the Vancouver SC a few times while it was being built, and when they’re ready it moves fast.

DrinkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

There are a number of Rivian jobs posted on Linked In for the Calgary service center. Not sure what this means for timing for opening the site, but hopefully it’s down to weeks or months at this point.

t00nces

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport, Audi A4 Allroad, '81 Fiat 2000
Clubs

I booked a test drive of an RS1 in Vancouver last week and the guest services personnel reached out to corporate HQ with some questions about Calgary on my behalf. The response was that the Calgary location is expected to open in December and that deliveries should start sometime in February.

This seems to align with what we're seeing in pictures and the fact that my delivery is currently scheduled for 'February - March 2024'. When I asked why a guide wasn't assigned to my order yet, I was told that guides can not be assigned in a region where a service centre is not yet operational. I would expect that anyone who has an order in for the first quarter of 2024 is going to see some activity in January - should everything stay on course.

Another tidbit of info I received was around financing. As we know, Scotiabank is going to be the lender of choice for Rivian in Canada. When I asked what the anticipated interest rate was going to be, they said - unofficially - that it's "between 7-9%".

As for the test drive, wow! My current DD is a Range Rover Sport Autobiography (V8 Supercharged, etc.). From a size perspective, it looks very much like a full Range Rover. In my opinion, it is a beautiful vehicle. Fit and finish is similar to a Range Rover and from a performance perspective, I was amazed at how well it handled (as good or better as my RR Sport) and its acceleration - there's no doubt that the RS1 is very, very quick. As configured, my test unit and my order were the same - quad motor AWD , 21" tires and large battery pack.

Regards,

t.

Sponsored

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Awesome thanks for the info

A month for them to ramp up for delivery sounds about right I guess. Maybe they deliver one or two before then.

Yota2R1T

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Solar PV professional
Clubs

Great news
nc_ohc=OXRMYpEWjUYAX8Qe5Bc&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=3NbOHNv6UHIAX8UPbne&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.jpg

Not to be left out of the fun, Calgary SC is almost done! Woohoo!
Saved me a trip to check on progress!
Getting pumped to see some R1's in Calgary sOOn!

OP
OP

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Courtesy of a member on the facebook group:

Rivian R1T R1S Calgary Service Centre Plans Revealed nc_ohc=s12FVAJfjt8AX8TXic1&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1

Rivian R1T R1S Calgary Service Centre Plans Revealed 53yCY_pW5rJ8fjQzzMvOszy5dU&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1

JTG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Picked up R1S in Toronto today. Vancouver team is training both the Toronto team and some of the Calgary staff side by side in Toronto. Hopefully they can spend a short time here and get back home and start your deliveries.

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Looks like it's open now!
Sponsored