Sponsored

Montreal service center location is confirmed!

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Right now the problem is Quebec language laws. They had no issues opening in BC Alberta and Ontario.

You can ask for delivery in Toronto maybe they will allow it!
Sponsored

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)
  • I asked him if they were going to reserve a vehicle with my desired configuration, or as close to it as was available. He said no. So, I said, you are going to continue to exhaust existing inventory and what is left when I can make a purchase is what I will get to choose from. He said yes and I asked why it would make sense to configure the vehicle now when we don’t know what vehicles will be available at some unknown date in the future. He admitted that was the case. All this of course will depend on how quickly inventory is drawn down as the factory undergoes renovations.
That part, about what's left in the inventory, is worrisome. Does it exclude the "refreshed" R1 once they resume production after the April factory upgrades?

We're supposed to have access in May (early?) so hopefully there's still a lot of vehicles available.

Walter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 90D, Range Rover
Occupation
Retired
The plant is scheduled to resume ops on April 28. It would not be surprising if that slipped.
They will also manufacture the R2 out of Normal as the Georgia Plant has been mothballed.
I was told we would not have a service centre in Montreal for 2 months., so about mid June.

MontrealEV

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Tiguan
Occupation
Product Manager
That part, about what's left in the inventory, is worrisome. Does it exclude the "refreshed" R1 once they resume production after the April factory upgrades?

We're supposed to have access in May (early?) so hopefully there's still a lot of vehicles available.
i think it will include the refreshed R1s, hence the reason for the discount percentage so that they can be applied to the new trim levels.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Well, here we are. May is in 4 days.

I had my first guide contact on April 9th, some back and forth since on trade in and how shop access would be given to launch edition reservation holders – guide was unsure. With the rumors of changes to the guide approach on this forum, not sure how much of that will pan out.

Any updates from other early reservation holders? Did anyone manage to lock in a vin or an exact date for the shop access? And yes, I know… the fact the website still isn’t translated and the Montreal center doesn’t appear on the map does not bode well.

Sponsored

hroussel

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3 perf, (R1T DMP reserved)

I had my first guide contact on April 9th, some back and forth since on trade in and how shop access would be given to launch edition reservation holders – guide was unsure. With the rumors of changes to the guide approach on this forum, not sure how much of that will pan out.

Any updates from other early reservation holders? Did anyone manage to lock in a vin or an exact date for the shop access? And yes, I know… the fact the website still isn’t translated and the Montreal center doesn’t appear on the map does not bode well.
No news on my side. Even checked my spam to make sure!

Keep us posted on the trade-in. I'm curious to see if trade-in (+ saved taxes) would be better than selling directly. I'd like to give back my M3P.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
No news on my side. Even checked my spam to make sure!

Keep us posted on the trade-in. I'm curious to see if trade-in (+ saved taxes) would be better than selling directly. I'd like to give back my M3P.
My trade in offer was 41k for a 7 pax 2023 MY LR with wheel upgrade and only 13kkm. Way off even factoring the tax advantage. No accomodation sales possible.

Eti

First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
it manager
I was able to exchange a bit with the sales manager of the Montréal service center over the last few weeks. I was not able to extract much more information but after a few back and forth on timing of the opening, I am under the impression that they are aiming for a start of delivery or Shop access around the 13 of may. I am late launch edition reservation holder, but they won’t be product anymore. But they should still have some in the Shop when we have access. Considering that they are restarting production of the update version tuesday i Hope we will know more soon on what has been update. The website and manual are already availaible in french and has been availaible a while ago.

Walter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 90D, Range Rover
Occupation
Retired

My most recent contact with Rivian simply reinforced that they are not coping with a lot of things, in a very effective manner. The CSR that I spoke to about Montreal deliveries talked around the issue and didn't provide any new information of a useful nature. While I have no hard core information to go on, I would be surprised if deliveries commenced before August. I hope I am wrong.
Sponsored