Sponsored

Cameras not working, service your vehicle

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S FG/OC 22's , 2023 Tesla Model 3
Day 5 of ownership. Cameras abruptly stopped working and I’m greeted with the message “Cameras not working, service your vehicle”

I tried soft reset and hard reset. Nothing worked.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Rivian R1T R1S Cameras not working, service your vehicle IMG_2539
Sponsored

JJE

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LG, Chevy Bolt
Yes. I just had this fixed on my R1S (albeit after 20k miles and a year and a half). In my case water had infiltrated the motherboard and taken out the whole system. Others have reported individual camera failures but bc the system is daisy chained, one bad camera takes it all down. Either way it likely requires a service center visit.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Yea, just had this fixed, I also believe it was water in the 360 camera board, as it started the day after a car wash. Driver+ still worked, so the cameras themselves worked, just the 360 cameras didn't. Service visit took 2 days to fix and they provided an Enterprise loaner, just sucked because I live 2.5 hours away from a SC.

OP
OP

DADDYSLILGRANDPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S FG/OC 22's , 2023 Tesla Model 3
Yea, just had this fixed, I also believe it was water in the 360 camera board, as it started the day after a car wash. Driver+ still worked, so the cameras themselves worked, just the 360 cameras didn't. Service visit took 2 days to fix and they provided an Enterprise loaner, just sucked because I live 2.5 hours away from a SC.
The truck was delivered to me in a torrential downpour. A LOT of rain that day/night. Pretty wild if that caused it. But I guess if the module seal is defective from the start, it was going to fail anyway.

Was really hoping to get this fixed via mobile service. Service center is a hike for me as well.

omgcoffee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 PDM R1T
Occupation
Engineering
Just happened to me this morning (Day 7 of ownership) but, fortunately, a software restart solved it. I know that doesn't help you, OP, but I wanted to mention it for others who may find this later.

HopefullyR1S

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Occupation
SAHD
Just got this message today; was going to start a new thread but found this one.
Sponsored