Sponsored

Can the Performance option be added? Can you negotiate a price for a Shop car?

Plazman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
Found an R1S in the Shop the pretty closely matches my configuration, but is lacking the Performance option I wanted. Does anyone know if that's something I can ask my sales person to add? Is it just a software upgrade?

Does anyone have experience with buying an R1 from the shop? I'm wondering how much wheeling-dealing they're willing to do to unload inventory vs. making one special just for me.
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
No wheeling and dealing. This isn’t a dealership. Some have gotten a few extras like floor mats or even chargers. And no performance upgrade. You either get the performance version or not.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
No wheeling and dealing. This isn’t a dealership. Some have gotten a few extras like floor mats or even chargers. And no performance upgrade. You either get the performance version or not.
Exactly - people complain about the dealership model but then want Rivian to wheel and deal.

fyton2v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS, FJ40, F150, MY
if you can receive a shop vehicle before April, they are offering nice incentives…. right now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The performance upgrade is software only, so technically Rivian can and should offer it to non-performance owners. I don’t know if we have heard from Rivian directly whether they plan to do that, but I would bet they do.

Sponsored

ElectricMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sprinter 1500 Campervan
Clubs

I contacted Rivian about negotiating price. Guide called and said could instead upgrade to premium color or interior at no extra charge. Guide was careful to point out that this was NOT negotiating on price. Could not reach a deal.

KirkB

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Subaru Outback, Chevy Camaro,
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
We just ordered an R1S out of the shop today and the guide credited us $3500 for the 22-inch darks. He said an option credit is for those who take delivery in March.

OP
OP
Plazman

Plazman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software Engineer
We just ordered an R1S out of the shop today and the guide credited us $3500 for the 22-inch darks. He said an option credit is for those who take delivery in March.
Thanks, good to know. I'd love to take delivery in March if a Blue Dual Motor would show up. There was one I saw the other night, but I waited and it was gone the next morning. :-( Had the 22-inch darks too. Maybe you're the one who stole it from me!

KirkB

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Subaru Outback, Chevy Camaro,
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
No. We got a Limestone with 22 Darks. Hang in there. One may come along. There are just so few Dual Motors in the shop. They go really fast.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks, good to know. I'd love to take delivery in March if a Blue Dual Motor would show up. There was one I saw the other night, but I waited and it was gone the next morning. :-( Had the 22-inch darks too. Maybe you're the one who stole it from me!
"If you sleep, you weep."

Seriously, you have to know what configurations meet your goals and price, and if it shows up on the shop, you need to act immediately. They go fast. I don't know about how fast right now, but a year ago, 50 to 100+ vehicles would appear and disappear the same day.
Sponsored