First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Attitude is everything…
There are people who simply SHOULD NOT purchase a cutting edge vehicle like R1S/R1T…it’s not for everyone. For anyone waiting/on the fence, you should be prepared for following during the pickup process:

-Delays; I had zero issues navigating the pre-pickup steps, but some have had major issues.
-Minor issues at pickup (waiting for someone)
-In rare cases, major issues at pickup
Like misaligned trim or panels/doors
Or paint/dirt issues
-Rare Rivian employee that is there to collect a paycheck and nothing else
-Rivian will likely ask you to accept the vehicle as is and use the app to address any unresolved issues/items.
-Others picking up their Rivians/addressing above issues.
-Missing accessories (flashlight/camp speaker).

If you come into the pickup process with low expectations and a friendly/positive attitude it will likely serve you well in the end.

All of my minor items were addressed at a service several weeks after pickup from El Segundo, which I know for some people could be a real pain if you live far from a service center.

Also, if you really feel like you aren’t getting what you need, speak up and ask if your guide can get someone with more time/experience to help you. You might also mention in your communication with the guide that you will need extra time at pickup to have features explained and/or inspect the vehicle.

I’ve been much happier with Rivian than Tesla from a pickup/service perspective (I know it’s maybe not the best comparison). In fact I have had an open recall for years that Tesla won’t address…
Sponsored

Last edited: