Sponsored

Amended return rejected

BluAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S
March 2022 R1S pre-order, 12/21/2023 delivery. Filed using Turbotax software, amended 2022 1040-X, rev 2021 on 2/2/2024. Used Schedule 3, 2022. Form 8936, Rev January 2023. Mailed forms in and received full refund plus interest around April 20, 2024

Did you receive any confirmation email or text indicating they finally got around to approving your amended return or did the check just show up randomly?

Like others, my amended return status is past the 16 weeks and has the take action screen. I don't know if I should keep checking it regularly or just wait for communication it was finally reviewed.
Sponsored

Johnandkim2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Supervisor
Checked the Where's my return a few times early on to see if it was received. Took 3 weeks to show up as received. Figured it was going to take 6 months to process then the check showed up in the mail 6 weeks later. At this point there's probably an issue with yours?

Placer Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired police officer and attorney
Clubs

Good morning,
Hope everyone is enjoying the Haloween organ music! I signed the binding agreement for the Rivian in 2022 and got delivery in 2023. I submitted an amended federal return, but it was rejected. Has anyone had success / failure in getting the 7500?

Thanks!!!
We likewise signed the contract in 2022, took delivery November 10, 2023. Filed our amended tax report for 2022 earlier this year (2024). Got a check from IRS just last week for the $7500 tax credit plus interest for total payment to us of $8009. I don't know if this particularly mattered to IRS, but our tax preparer emphasized to the IRS that our 2023 MSRP was our pre-March '22 price, so under the current maximum for qualifying for the tax credit.

Placer Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired police officer and attorney
Clubs

Did you receive any confirmation email or text indicating they finally got around to approving your amended return or did the check just show up randomly?

Like others, my amended return status is past the 16 weeks and has the take action screen. I don't know if I should keep checking it regularly or just wait for communication it was finally reviewed.
Our check appeared in the mail about a week ago.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Check showed up in the mail. I then rechecked "Where’s my amended return?" and the status showed my return was "adjusted"

Jakelake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
retired
Filed my amended return electronically using Form 8936, rev. January 2023. Received by IRS 11 September 2023. Still no check. Three calls in last 3 months and nothing other than " it's taking longer than usual " from the person on the phone. Almost 8 months. At least it has not been rejected !!
Sponsored