First Name
Vish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hello,

Has anyone amended their 2022 tax return using a signed binding agreement from 2021 but took delivery in 2023?
Sponsored

punjabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Software
Clubs

i started doing it in turbo tax. but yet to finalize it. there is a thread here if you search where people files quite a while back but IRS has not processed them.

OP
OP
rivs505

rivs505

First Name
Vish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

i started doing it in turbo tax. but yet to finalize it. there is a thread here if you search where people files quite a while back but IRS has not processed them.
Thank you!! :)

Sponsored

docpowell

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Adventure
Occupation
CSO
Yes, amended and refund received. $7,500 + $383 in interest.

LindaC

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota MR2 Spyder, Jeep Commander, R1S on order
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

any idea if this will still be available for deliveries in 2024? Expecting mine (finally) next month...signed the agreement

Johnandkim2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Supervisor
I amended my 2022 Federal Tax via Turbo Tax with no issues (7500.00 coming) until I tried to e-file the amended return today. It directed me to save, print and then e-file but when it came to the e-file portion it did not continue when selected. I had originally completed my 2022 return via Turbo tax's free version. Wondering if this is the issue or the IRS is just not accepting e-file returns or amended returns for any years until January 28, 2024? It looks as if I will have to mail it in which may slow down the refund process? Currently at 20 weeks from what I read lately?

Rivian in CO

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024; Honda Element 2008
Occupation
IT stuff
I amended my 2022 Federal Tax via Turbo Tax with no issues (7500.00 coming) until I tried to e-file the amended return today. It directed me to save, print and then e-file but when it came to the e-file portion it did not continue when selected. I had originally completed my 2022 return via Turbo tax's free version. Wondering if this is the issue or the IRS is just not accepting e-file returns or amended returns for any years until January 28, 2024? It looks as if I will have to mail it in which may slow down the refund process? Currently at 20 weeks from what I read lately?
I'm in the same boat. I took delivery last week of a 2024 R1S and and promptly started on my amended 2022 return in TurboTax. I ran into two issues: 1) In the TurboTax interview pages for Form 8936 (EV Tax Credit form), the picklist for the vehicle model year only goes through 2023. 2) Turbotax would not let me e-file my amended return.

So I printed my amended return per the turbotax instructions, and on the Form 8936, I crossed out the 2023 model year and hand corrected it to 2024 (and initialed). I'm not sure if this is kosher, so fingers crossed. Since the form also includes the VIN, if the IRS does a VIN lookup, they'll see that it is indeed an 2024 model.

Sponsored

camrunr

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I purchased in August. Submitted as soon as I had the paperwork required. The IRS acknowledged receipt, but said it would take 16 weeks (!!) to process. That deadline came and went. Still not processed. The tracking page shows this crazy message, but calling them and talking to an agent revealed nothing. There's nothing due on the account, no flags, nothing. I guess I keep waiting.

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone amended Tax for year 2022 1707012082007

hbkdinobot

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I purchased in August. Submitted as soon as I had the paperwork required. The IRS acknowledged receipt, but said it would take 16 weeks (!!) to process. That deadline came and went. Still not processed. The tracking page shows this crazy message, but calling them and talking to an agent revealed nothing. There's nothing due on the account, no flags, nothing. I guess I keep waiting.

1707012082007.png
I just checked and I have the same message. It says nothing needs to be completed but call this number?

What did they say when you called? To keep waiting?

Government for you

camrunr

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just checked and I have the same message. It says nothing needs to be completed but call this number?

They were just as lost as i was. Yeah, basically keep waiting. That message sucks ass.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

Government for you
At least you'll get interest on the money you're owed!

ye3hawp0ny

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3

Government for you
Just keep waiting. I had the same message too and I called, and the IRS rep said the same thing. And one day there was a nice direct deposit with interest.
Sponsored