for those of you, we have been leasing for more than a month

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2023 R1S QM FG/FE
Clubs

I'm currently in your previous stage of Chase says they've received nothing and Rivian has no idea if they sent the paperwork. 31 days since signing, nobody knows anything.

Guides are no more so now I have to go through a call center in India to try to get answers, 50/50 shot they send me to someone in the US so far.

Just like another thread I spoke to someone at Chase escalation and they said if they eventually get the paperwork and the payment is due before they even bill me for it then it's still late. Then they mentioned a process to have the late status removed... Can't be easy I guess.
Sponsored

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Clubs

I'm currently in your previous stage of Chase says they've received nothing and Rivian has no idea if they sent the paperwork. 31 days since signing, nobody knows anything.

Guides are no more so now I have to go through a call center in India to try to get answers, 50/50 shot they send me to someone in the US so far.

Just like another thread I spoke to someone at Chase escalation and they said if they eventually get the paperwork and the payment is due before they even bill me for it then it's still late. Then they mentioned a process to have the late status removed... Can't be easy I guess.
@MichiganWinters In the same boat. Took delivery the beginning of April, no paperwork, no Chase access, and Chase has no record of the lease.

Keep us posted as you get sorted out. Was told by Chase on Friday I'd get a call back, but nothing yet.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
For those of us still awaiting docs for leasing, did you receive your car registration yet? It’s been 20 calendar days for me and I haven’t received either

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Clubs

For those of us still awaiting docs for leasing, did you receive your car registration yet? It’s been 20 calendar days for me and I haven’t received either
I have not and I wonder if the issues are related.

Two weeks after delivery Rivian reached out that our odometer statement was rejected by the DMV. The paperwork signed at delivery only had a signature area for me. DMV required signatures by both myself and my wife (co-registrant). New paperwork was overnighted and signed a week and a half ago. (How could they possibly not have run into this before?)

Today I got an email from Rivian:
"Due to internal errors, we’ve experienced a delayed in creating your loan/lease account. Our Rivian Financial Services team is actively working with Chase to have your account created as soon as possible."

The whole purchase, delivery process has left much to be desired.

Thank goodness we love our R1S though.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
ervices team is actively working with Chase to have your account created as soon as possible
if you are able to respond to it, could you ask them if this has any impact on the lease terms - esp term and payments? woe betide we have to catch up all 'missed' payments. Unless you already know how it'll be...

Sponsored

AtlantaX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Signed online Lease Agreement on Saturday, April 20th.
Took possession of vehicle on Monday April 22th.
Received letter from Chase that they ran my credit and showed me my score on April 30.
Lease appeared automatically in my existing Chase online portal on Monday May 13.
First payment Due Monday May 20th.

If you already have a Chase online banking portal (banking, credit cards, loans, etc), then you don't have to set anything up. It will appear when the account is loaded into Chase's system.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

UPDATE: Took delivery on 3/29 still waiting for it to show in Chase app.

Went back and forth with both chase and Rivian for awhile and eventually got the same email from Rivian:

"Due to internal errors, we’ve experienced a delay in creating your loan/lease account. Our Rivian Financial Services team is actively working with Chase to have your account created as soon as possible.

This mishap will not have a negative impact on your credit but may require you to resign your agreement to ensure compliance. If this is the case, a member of the RFS team will reach out to you directly to talk about the next steps.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Received that on 5/6 and nothing from Chase or in app yet.

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
yikes......me worried now....

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Signed online Lease Agreement on Saturday, April 20th.
Took possession of vehicle on Monday April 22th.
Received letter from Chase that they ran my credit and showed me my score on April 30.
Lease appeared automatically in my existing Chase online portal on Monday May 13.
First payment Due Monday May 20th.

If you already have a Chase online banking portal (banking, credit cards, loans, etc), then you don't have to set anything up. It will appear when the account is loaded into Chase's system.
My lease showed up just a few days after taking delivery of my S. My T is financed through Chase so that may have had something to do with it.

getrandom

First Name
Random
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, signed lease on March 27th. Messaged Rivian and called Chase yesterday. Chase has no record of the lease still and the first payment should have already been due at the end of April.

Sponsored

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
My lease showed up just a few days after taking delivery of my S. My T is financed through Chase so that may have had something to do with it.
Was there any mention about a "Rental Fee" or a "penalty" that basically makes you "pay back" the $7500 tax credit at the end of the lease if you decide to purchase??

Jeep Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Chiming in. Took Delivery March 30. I had electronic copies of the contract immediately. I had an Illinois temp tag despite buying in Ohio. My registration conversation with my Guide was like trying to teach my dog algebra.

My lease showed up automagically in the Chase online portal about 3 weeks after purchase.

My regular plates showed up 5 weeks after pickup... due to expire in 4 weeks.

NJDevFan30 's statement " The whole purchase, delivery process has left much to be desired. " is my biggest concern for Rivian's long term success. The vehicle is mostly awesome, everything else? Amateurishly chaotic.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Was there any mention about a "Rental Fee" or a "penalty" that basically makes you "pay back" the $7500 tax credit at the end of the lease if you decide to purchase??
The rental fee is whatever the additional cost the leasing company is charging you for the lease and can be called a few different names. Normal stuff, has nothing to do with the credit. Lease deals have been so good lately in part because the rental fee is essentially zero in many cases (mine was 51 dollars, a really good lease is probably anything less than 3k) though i have seen others be close to 10k here.

b_ack51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Clubs

Signed lease deal Apr 25
Picked up vehicle Apr 26

Received my chase/rivian financial services lease mail 2 days ago. First payment due May 25

Brown_Wings

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pilot
UPDATE: Took delivery on 3/29 still waiting for it to show in Chase app.

Went back and forth with both chase and Rivian for awhile and eventually got the same email from Rivian:

"Due to internal errors, we’ve experienced a delay in creating your loan/lease account. Our Rivian Financial Services team is actively working with Chase to have your account created as soon as possible.

This mishap will not have a negative impact on your credit but may require you to resign your agreement to ensure compliance. If this is the case, a member of the RFS team will reach out to you directly to talk about the next steps.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Received that on 5/6 and nothing from Chase or in app yet.
I’m in the same boat. Took delivery on my R1S lease March 26. No word from Chase yet. Got the same email from Rivian. Haven’t made a single payment yet. No ability to make one either. All I know is, I’m not gonna let this extend the duration of my lease since it’s not my fault…
Sponsored