First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Strange they are still complaining about PAAK. It's leaps and bounds better than it was back in last July, when I took delivery.

Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Strange they are still complaining about PAAK. It's leaps and bounds better than it was back in last July, when I took delivery.
Note that they referenced 2023.38.0 update - that's the 38th week of 2023 and it dropped in October. So perhaps not "current".

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Note that they referenced 2023.38.0 update - that's the 38th week of 2023 and it dropped in October. So perhaps not "current".
Mine is still pretty frustrating. Very inconsistent. Inevitably works great when it is sunny and I'm not carrying anything🙄.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

They mention steering wheel vibrations which sounds like the lane-departure vibration to me. Sometimes I get it even when staying in my lane. I assume the camera/sensors are picking up some strange asphalt pattern and assume I'm drifting over the line. Not a big deal.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
They mention steering wheel vibrations which sounds like the lane-departure vibration to me. Sometimes I get it even when staying in my lane. I assume the camera/sensors are picking up some strange asphalt pattern and assume I'm drifting over the line. Not a big deal.
If they are referencing this... I had the same problem.. I turned off the lane keep assist, and no more problems. There is one stretch of road I use twice daily that the lane keep is picking up the asphalt crack sealant, and not the actual lines of the road. A couple times it actually tried putting me in the ditch (no shoulder).. Hence why I turned it off.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
If they are referencing this... I had the same problem.. I turned off the lane keep assist, and no more problems. There is one stretch of road I use twice daily that the lane keep is picking up the asphalt crack sealant, and not the actual lines of the road. A couple times it actually tried putting me in the ditch (no shoulder).. Hence why I turned it off.
Mine has been off since the first days of ownership. I like to stay near right side of right lane and left side of left lane....to point it doesn't like it. Who knows...maybe it is better now, but I bailed on it right away.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Mine is still pretty frustrating. Very inconsistent. Inevitably works great when it is sunny and I'm not carrying anything🙄.
Have you tried repairing your phone? All my issues went away after I re paired the phone.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Exactly. I also turned off Lane Keep Assist but keep Lane Departure Warning on so I get the vibration occasionally but avoid getting pulled into the ditch!

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Mine has been off since the first days of ownership. I like to stay near right side of right lane and left side of left lane....to point it doesn't like it. Who knows...maybe it is better now, but I bailed on it right away.
Same... Didnt even think about that really.. Most of my drive is interstate with fairly wide lanes..

I made it to day 3 before I sat in the S for a full hour to find it, and turn it off!

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
"Sometimes the wheel vibrates like a spinster's Hitachi." :CWL::clap: Had to read that line a couple times before it clicked...
Sponsored