Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I know a lot of you have been to car shows with your R1's, but has anyone made a 'brag sheet' like the old cars have? I'm wanting to create one because when I step away to look at all the other cars, the wife is left to answer questions and she still knows next to nothing about my R1. LOL

Would love to see your examples!
Haven't taken my R1T to a car show but I constantly have people stop me and ask about my R1T. Usually it starts with "What is that?" I printed up a card I keep in the truck and hand it out when people stop and ask about the truck - which is often. I really enjoy talking to them.
Sponsored

Attachments

carcrazydoc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 991.2 GTS, 2018 E63s wagon, 2016 Cayenne GTS
Occupation
emergency physician
As my wife can confirm, I am more than happy to discuss cars/trucks with almost anyone as long as you are not being a jerk. Most in the Midwest are friendly folk.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If it happens to be me you'll probably see a grown man cry.
Bro, I would never do that to another being. I almost got into an accident the other day trying to swerve out of the way of a ninja squirrel that jumped off a tree and right in front of my car. Live, love, laugh.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have owned some ICE cars that prompt people to ask questions or just strike up a conversation. I always try to take the time and talk to them. All of the people that approach me have been nice and I feel that life is too short to not be nice. The Rivian will be my first EV and it's an American car, which I love. I plan to talk their ear off!

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

Someone a few months ago had the great idea of printing a QR code on vinyl they stuck on their window that would pull up information about Rivian.

I will be fine with the questions until someone asks me if it’s a Cybertruck:asshat:
How about "what kinda gas mileage does it get?"

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

How about "what kinda gas mileage does it get?"
I‘m used to getting asked silly questions all week so I think I could handle that one pretty well:)

The CT question is in a different category even if the unsuspecting person asking doesn’t know that!

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have owned some ICE cars that prompt people to ask questions or just strike up a conversation. I always try to take the time and talk to them. All of the people that approach me have been nice and I feel that life is too short to not be nice. The Rivian will be my first EV and it's an American car, which I love. I plan to talk their ear off!
My sentiments, exactly!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I‘m used to getting asked silly questions all week so I think I could handle that one pretty well:)

The CT question is in a different category even if the unsuspecting person asking doesn’t know that!
Yeah asking if its a cybertruck is like another guy coming up and asking about your wife's rack. Its not so much an honest question but an insult masquerading as a question.

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

The nail in coffin of their ICE is when I just say imy 4 motors got over 800 pounds torque. Or if they ask me if it's 4 wheel drive, I say, no, it's 4 motor drive.

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

I know a lot of you have been to car shows with your R1's, but has anyone made a 'brag sheet' like the old cars have? I'm wanting to create one because when I step away to look at all the other cars, the wife is left to answer questions and she still knows next to nothing about my R1. LOL

Would love to see your examples!
We had a graphics person make this up and had it printed and clipped to a board
Rivian R1T R1S Car Show Brag Sheet? A9886D32-EF6A-4F98-A278-9AE7704FD797

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I pulled up to a store and the R1T lowered and some guy said "Wow, that's cool, did you install it yourself?:"

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I pulled up to a store and the R1T lowered and some guy said "Wow, that's cool, did you install it yourself?:"
Similar thing happened to me when I was dropping off some items for donation. The Gen-Z said "did you add bags?" I was at a complete loss as to why he would be asking me this quesition as I was handing him boxes from the bed. Then he said something about seeing my truck lowering and I figured it out.

Last edited:

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Similar thing happened to me when I was dropping off some items for donation. They Gen-Z said "did you add bags?" I was at a complete loss as to why he would be asking me this quesition as I was handing him boxes from the bed. Then he said something about seeing my truck lowering and I figured it out.
LOLOL.

I told the guy when he made that comment "My wife is 5'1" and I am 6'2"....comes in handy when it is lowered

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I've got this as well. "That's a Tesla, right?" - "It's a Rivian." - "But it's a Tesla?" 😖
I would look at them and say "Yeah, this is what the good looking CYBERTRUCK looks like"
Sponsored