Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Cargo Crossbars Wall Mount Presentation1

Hey folks

I've developed a wall mount for the Rivian Cargo Crossbars. It's a neat way to store them in your garage when not in use. It comes with a set of 2 mounting plates (for 2 crossbars), 12 x screws and 12 x drywall anchors. Super simple to install.
You can use code GASGONE for 10% off too.

https://twraps.com/products/cargo-crossbars-wall-mount-for-rivian-r1t-r1s
Sponsored

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Would you consider making the base plate larger so I could drill out the holes bigger? I don't trust those drywall anchors and would prefer to use snap toggles which would require a larger hole for the bolt.

• Haha
Reactions: Guy
OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Would you consider making the base plate larger so I could drill out the holes bigger? I don't trust those drywall anchors and would prefer to use snap toggles which would require a larger hole for the bolt.
For the time being I prefer not to change it, as changes are not as easy as it sounds... but I can say from experience:
1. The ones I mounted in my garage to test it were mounted without the anchors so I don't drill even wider holes into the wall. Just 6 screws per plate and that's it. They held like champs - 2 crossbars with extra 20lbs weight.They showed no sign of moving even a little bit, and again - this is without the anchors.
2. Over 100 customers so far, nobody has said that they fell, feel unstable or broke.

So I think it's safe to say that the current mounting with 6 drywall screws + anchors per plate is plenty strong, and there is no real necessity to make it even stronger.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

You could mount them to a piece of 1x4 lumber and then secure the that to the studs.
But I agree with twraps here. Those specific drywall screws are pretty solid. There are also metal versions of the anchors that you could get.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Any chance these would work as a ceiling mount?

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Any chance these would work as a ceiling mount?
They should, as long as your ceiling is strong enough. Perhaps mount on studs.

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
assume you could use these mounted sidways to keep the bars vertical on a side wall?

VermontR1T

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
6 screws seems like overkill. Should be able to get by with 2 (top and bottom) mounted to studs. That would be a cleaner look.

68wske

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
Occupation
RN
Happy customer. Quick question, I can lock down the second set I received all the way. Did you change something in the diameter of the little piece the bars connect to? The bars with the maxtrax mounts only secure to the first set, which I’m not worried about because the haven’t fallen down by now, they’re fine. I just for the second set up after having the wall mounts for a bit waiting for me to be free and they lock all the way down.
Rivian R1T R1S Cargo Crossbars Wall Mount 6C071326-40FD-4A35-A65B-8ECE4A9410DE

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Cargo Crossbars Wall Mount PXL_20230114_194652144

Rivian R1T R1S Cargo Crossbars Wall Mount PXL_20230114_194659838

I love these suckers. The right side are anchors only and the left happened to align with a stud, so I studded half the screws. It's incredibly secure and clicks in place just like on the truck! I even fiddled with them and connected a new kayak mount while they were hung up, they're definitely secure to the wall. I've pulled them on and off a bunch in the last couple months and never a concern.

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

assume you could use these mounted sidways to keep the bars vertical on a side wall?
Correct, yes, many people install them that way.

6 screws seems like overkill. Should be able to get by with 2 (top and bottom) mounted to studs. That would be a cleaner look.
Probably true, but just in case :)

Happy customer. Quick question, I can lock down the second set I received all the way. Did you change something in the diameter of the little piece the bars connect to? The bars with the maxtrax mounts only secure to the first set, which I’m not worried about because the haven’t fallen down by now, they’re fine. I just for the second set up after having the wall mounts for a bit waiting for me to be free and they lock all the way down.
6C071326-40FD-4A35-A65B-8ECE4A9410DE.jpeg
Yes, I modified the design to allow for full locking as opposed to first step only. Just DM me with your order # and I will send you a new set from the new design. Have in mind the dimensions also changed a bit (made it bigger) to allow for more space between the two crossbars.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

68wske

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
Occupation
RN

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I modified the design to allow for full locking as opposed to first step only. Just DM me with your order # and I will send you a new set from the new design. Have in mind the dimensions also changed a bit (made it bigger) to allow for more space between the two crossbars.
Does this mean that the crossbars now lock fully without any wiggle or play when installed in the horizontal position? Like they do mounted on the truck?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Does this mean that the crossbars now lock fully without any wiggle or play when installed in the horizontal position? Like they do mounted on the truck?
That’s my understanding. I haven’t been able to verify it myself as I don’t have the crossbars anymore but I worked with a customer (post release) and made about half dozen iterations so we get to a point where it locks fully. Several people have confirmed so too. With that said, if you have the previous version and the locking bugs you, just DM me with your order # and I will send you the new one for free.
Sponsored