Sponsored

Charger recommendations anyone?

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
I also have a 40 amp Grizzl-E dumb charger. This thing is overbuilt (and that’s an understatement). It looks like it’s designed for an Arctic Outpost somewhere. It’s not flashy or filled with fancy options but I expect it to outlive me lol.
I have the same and it’s been rock solid living outside in South Florida for 3 years now.

Rivian R1T R1S Charger recommendations anyone? IMG_0694
Sponsored

jwanderson88

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
I have an Autel charger / EVSE. I ordered it from Amazon and installed it myself. I used huge 6-gauge wire. I think anything bigger would be hard to bend. The problems people have are almost always caused by arcing caused by loose connections. Like they say, it isn't rocket science. I used a direct hard wired connection. People have had trouble with a 220-volt plug in receptacle, so I would avoid that. There is an excellent app that is used to set it up. Once I got it set up, I haven't done anything else with it. I installed it outside on a post. It seems to tolerate the elements fine. I think the Autel charger was cheaper than some of the other options.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
If I did it over I'd buy a 100 amp charger. Both my Rivian chargers (different locations) work fine though.

still working on a small DCFC. s00n
Sponsored