First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
Coming from a Tesla to a Rivian, I already had a Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector. I purchased a Lectron - Tesla to J1772 adapter. It charged for 90 minutes and then stopped charging. I reset the Wall Connector but it still will not charge. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

RivianPioneer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Lawyer
Coming from a Tesla to a Rivian, I already had a Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector. I purchased a Lectron - Tesla to J1772 adapter. It charged for 90 minutes and then stopped charging. I reset the Wall Connector but it still will not charge. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
I’d return it. It might be defective. I’ve been using one for about 6 months now regularly with no issue.

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I had same set up and it worked immediately with the Lectron.

I've read some posts here in past that depending how the Wall Connector was set up at install you may need to program it to support non Teslas.

There is another thread here on forum where someone has that issue and explained solve.

OP
OP
Sam K

Sam K

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
I had same set up and it worked immediately with the Lectron.

I've read some posts here in past that depending how the Wall Connector was set up at install you may need to program it to support non Teslas.

There is another thread here on forum where someone has that issue and explained solve.
Thank you for this information. I did access the interface and it is set to all vehicles. Software is the latest version but I am having the same issue.

Rivian R1T R1S Charging issues. Lectron - Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter, Max 48A & 250V IMG_5788.PNG

OP
OP
Sam K

Sam K

First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Attorney
UPDATE: I attempted a charge with a TeslaTap adapter and it failed also. I checked the Tesla Wall Connector interface and it says there is an internal fault, switch off breaker and if it persists, call Tesla. After the issue persisted, I contacted Tesla support; they ran their own signal check and immediately concluded that the Gen 3 Wall Connector will be replaced. I received an email with instructions on how to install it once it arrives.
Sponsored