Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing; hope that ankle recovers soon.

Also, as usual, am immensely jealous of some of y'alls adventures. Living in Northern Virginia, in one of the most traffic-congested areas of the country, the only "adventures" my Rivian ever sees look like this:

Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive 1710189380353

Sitting in traffic for hours got me šŸ˜­ like:

Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive 1710189466854
Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I've been on a diet since mid January when our Gym's fitness challenge started... I'm down 22 pounds and the challenge ends on Friday. I couldn't help but stare at that chocolate chip cookie and didn't really see the rest of the pictures. I'll be monitoring this thread and will eventually see the rest of the photos, which I'm sure are great!!

On a side note, my classic cars are obnoxious and loud. They easily lose traction with a blip of the throttle... but our R1S is truely theropeutic. Driving with the windows open and silence really does help get your mind right.

OP
OP
foxerson

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
A bunch of you liked last weekā€™s post so I thought I would share a second installment.

Drove across a bridge.
Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive IMG_0794

Met up with a friend for breakfast. No eating in the Rivian this time.
Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive IMG_0796

This hawk posed for a picture while riding an updraft.
Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive IMG_0803

It was clear enough for a pretty good view of the downtown skyline from Mt. Tam. I can see the mountain from my kitchen window but can never seem to see my kitchen window from the mountain.
Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive IMG_0807

Looked like a nice day at Stinson Beach.
Rivian R1T R1S Coastal Goodness Theraputic Drive IMG_0810

Trip Summary
Miles traveled: less than last time
Driving time: several hours
Efficiency: šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Drive modes: All-Purpose
Charging stops: šŸš«
Range anxiety: not a chance

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
I tried the eating ban for a bit. I caved when it became apparent that the teenagers are incapable of getting out of bed in time for breakfast before the school run. Now I just make halfhearted admonishments to leave no crumbs. The car wash guys end up taking care of most of it.
Yep mine didnā€™t last too long either. I bought seat covers for the back so I donā€™t cringe as much when I hear the munching if chips etc!

How do you like your wheels? Iā€™ve been thinking of a second set of rims for my winters.

OP
OP
foxerson

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Yep mine didnā€™t last too long either. I bought seat covers for the back so I donā€™t cringe as much when I hear the munching if chips etc!

How do you like your wheels? Iā€™ve been thinking of a second set of rims for my winters.
The wheels and tires have been great this winter. Some details and my initial observations are in this thread:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-nokian-hakkapeliitta-lt3-winter-tires.22103/

I plan to post an update for the season when I swap back to the stock wheels in May. For now, I can say that efficiency has been consistent with my initial observations. Will be curious to see how the treadwear is when I do the swap.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
The wheels and tires have been great this winter. Some details and my initial observations are in this thread:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-nokian-hakkapeliitta-lt3-winter-tires.22103/

I plan to post an update for the season when I swap back to the stock wheels in May. For now, I can say that efficiency has been consistent with my initial observations. Will be curious to see how the treadwear is when I do the swap.
Ah yes I remember that thread now! I have LT3 studded. I've got some data I need to write up into a post, which I'll add to that one, not this one. Cheers.
Sponsored