James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
I’m over the moon!!!!
Dreams really do come true — I’ll post more once I’m done joy riding for the day!

768757C7-1A34-45CB-AF41-D2C9C1C53912.jpeg

D62F8306-E44A-49A1-A4DD-D64FF3B28B90.jpeg

23750617-30B4-4692-9305-DA56898F37DB.jpeg

D6A43FAC-723A-4E10-9BF7-09F720D8E3CE.jpeg
Derek! Congrats and glad you got exactly what you wanted!!! That is the best!

That’s a beautiful truck to go with your beautiful family!!! So glad for you…
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Just got back from driving it back and forth to Nederland up Boulder Canyon!
I got to rip one up Coal Creek Canyon for my test drive last year. Definitely fun.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got to rip one up Coal Creek Canyon for my test drive last year. Definitely fun.
Lucky. I just got to drive I70 to I25 south to Steele street and then surface streets back to the service center. It gave a good impression of most aspects of the truck but definitely not the sporty side.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just got back from driving it back and forth to Nederland up Boulder Canyon!
Yea, that drive is SOOOO much fun. Especially if you don’t have anyone in front of you.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So freaking jealous of you man ... glad you are enjoying it. When are you doing your accessory installs?
I got the 3D mats put in which look factory and I am very impressed with. Crossbars are here but have not put on yet. My Orvis dog box seat extender went in yesterday for my pup. I will say, I am a bit disappointed in the storage organization in the front and of course the charging pad, so I will probably be looking for something that goes into the floor console and also the center console. And perhaps the charging mat replacement.

Derek! Congrats and glad you got exactly what you wanted!!! That is the best!

That’s a beautiful truck to go with your beautiful family!!! So glad for you…
Thanks so much, the day finally came!

Yea, that drive is SOOOO much fun. Especially if you don’t have anyone in front of you.
Unfortunately I did - Sunday afternoon ski traffic from Eldora I presume, plus my dog was in the back seat and I didn’t want to throw him around LOL

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
And perhaps the charging mat replacement.

I’ve been really happy with the Stealth Adventure mat with the JSUX MagSafe chargers included. Strong magnet through my leather case and looks great with the darker grain in the FE wood…
Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 37F93A8B-4F93-4E11-A624-8A014FE17E18

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 7480EEC5-84D5-4782-8438-CFCAE3AB1705

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Did my usual weekend drive by the lot.

Could not see my truck behind the fence. That means it’s in the workshop undergoing final inspection for my Tuesday AM delivery? Right?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Could not see my truck behind the fence. That means it’s in the workshop undergoing final inspection for my Tuesday AM delivery? Right?
Yes*

*I have no idea but trying to be positive.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Honestly I would think so yes

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Well it finally happened.

My appointment was at 8.30 this morning and I was ready at 7.45 just as they were actually pulling the truck into the delivery bay. Got everything from my X transferred across (including the cross-bars that were delivered). Got some really nice photos with the snow flurries settling on the car which I thought was really cool.

Signed the paperwork and spent an hour getting everything configured and comfortable and punched out a nice 150 mile drive. She's home now getting a nice charge using the Teslatap converter and it just finished what I guess is the latest update.

I spent the afternoon installing most of the accessories I'd purchased. I'm really happy with the Ride88 system, I'm testing a modification which will allow me to travel with my bike loaded and my tailgate in the 'up' position. The two Pelican Boxes (one carries all my ski gear, and the other all my MTB gear) fit perfectly, haven't worked out how I'll tie them all down, but I'm only a ratchet strap away from solving that.

Looking forward to getting tint tomorrow, and final accessories and hopefully hit either the slopes or the trails this weekend.

The wait was definitely worth it.

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_0609.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_0611.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_0615.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In IMG_0630.JPG

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

My appointment was at 8.30 this morning and I was ready at 7.45 just as they were actually pulling the truck into the delivery bay. Got everything from my X transferred across (including the cross-bars that were delivered). Got some really nice photos with the snow flurries settling on the car which I thought was really cool.

Signed the paperwork and spent an hour getting everything configured and comfortable and punched out a nice 150 mile drive. She's home now getting a nice charge using the Teslatap converter and it just finished what I guess is the latest update.

I spent the afternoon installing most of the accessories I'd purchased. I'm really happy with the Ride88 system, I'm testing a modification which will allow me to travel with my bike loaded and my tailgate in the 'up' position. The two Pelican Boxes (one carries all my ski gear, and the other all my MTB gear) fit perfectly, haven't worked out how I'll tie them all down, but I'm only a ratchet strap away from solving that.

Looking forward to getting tint tomorrow, and final accessories and hopefully hit either the slopes or the trails this weekend.

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Colorado Checking In 1678237998976

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG
Yes another one gets delivered! Enjoy the next 48 hours!

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG
OK, fess up. You spent last night two blocks away in a sleeping bag under I-70 so you could be there when they opened, didn't you? :D
Congratulations! She's a beauty!

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
OK, fess up. You spent last night two blocks away in a sleeping bag under I-70 so you could be there when they opened, didn't you? :D
Congratulations! She's a beauty!
You’re not far wrong. I literally got like 3 hours sleep and decided to get up at 4 to ‘get ready’. Haven’t had that much anticipation in about 20 years. It I’ve got it now.

Bassface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limestone R1T Quad
Occupation
UX Research
Clubs

You’re not far wrong. I literally got like 3 hours sleep and decided to get up at 4 to ‘get ready’. Haven’t had that much anticipation in about 20 years. It I’ve got it now.
This is the third time in my life, that I've fallen in love with a vehicle:
  • My Kawasaki Enduro motorcycle, as a teenager
  • My VW GTI, as a young adult
  • Now the R1T
You know that feeling where the vehicle is almost a part of your body? Yeah....
Sponsored