Sponsored

zfischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter, 1250GSA, R1S
I’d also love to see an option for the R1S for a cargo mat that covers the whole area with the 3rd row seats flat, and I’d like to see more about how the R1S tailgate mat integrates with the cargo mat when opening and closing the gate.

Great job!!
Second that wish
[/QUOTE]

Third. This is the way, @EV Sportline
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

zfischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter, 1250GSA, R1S
Sounds like you all want '3rd row down AND rear cargo as ONE mat", right? - standby...., we can make that.
That’s exactly what I’m looking for. No idea how big the market would be overall.

10Blade

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S, 911 Carrera S, Yukon XL, R1S Quad
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

there will be a hump in the 1 piece carpet mat here (between 3rd row and cargo area, since the cargo area is lower), you all okay / understand that?

Rivian R1T R1S Custom Chilewich Mats have launched! image (101)

Sponsored

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

These look amazing and I’m looking forward to browsing through all of the color and pattern options. One limitation of the factory mats is that they are flat, with no lip or containment around the edges, so water and debris just runs or rolls right off the mat and onto the carpet around the edges. I ended up purchasing the 3D Maxpider mats specifically because they were waterproof and had great coverage, but mostly because they have this containment lip to keep mat contents on the mat.

I do, however, really like all of the Chilewich options you are now offering. Any thoughts about designing a raised lip around the edges?

I’d also love to see an option for the R1S for a cargo mat that covers the whole area with the 3rd row seats flat, and I’d like to see more about how the R1S tailgate mat integrates with the cargo mat when opening and closing the gate.

Great job!!
Raised lip is key to catch snow melt.

zfischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter, 1250GSA, R1S
there will be a hump in the 1 piece carpet mat here (between 3rd row and cargo area, since the cargo area is lower), you all okay / understand that?
Interesting question and a bit of a challenge for a good product. For me, I wouldn't want the mat to compensate for the hump. I would want a mat for use with the "ramp" in the up position, ie, assuming a more or less level situation. I wouldn't want additional material or stitching to map the hump.

Stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vivian ('23 R1S) & Sparky ('23 R1T)
Interesting question and a bit of a challenge for a good product. For me, I wouldn't want the mat to compensate for the hump. I would want a mat for use with the "ramp" in the up position, ie, assuming a more or less level situation. I wouldn't want additional material or stitching to map the hump.
Yes, I agree. I already have difficulty sliding coolers and boxes into the back and hanging up on that hump. While i hate losing that little bit of cargo space by putting the ramp into place, I think it would nonetheless be better for placement of a whole 'third-row+cargo area' Chilewich mat...with a raised lip around the whole edge of course!

Grateful for this dialogue, EV Sportline!!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Received my frunk mat today. Absolutely love it!

Sponsored

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
Yes, I agree. I already have difficulty sliding coolers and boxes into the back and hanging up on that hump. While i hate losing that little bit of cargo space by putting the ramp into place, I think it would nonetheless be better for placement of a whole 'third-row+cargo area' Chilewich mat...with a raised lip around the whole edge of course!

Grateful for this dialogue, EV Sportline!!
Any update on this as a chilewich mat @EV Sportline? Could not see them on your website and I’d really like to get one. 😀

Last edited:
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles