First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Never mind the charge port. They need to put longer cables on the stations anyway if they intend to open to non-Teslas. Look at those sharp corners. I don't see how they will pass pedestrian safety requirements AND those corners mean bad news to other cars—that crash into them or vice versa.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Never mind the charge port. They need to put longer cables on the stations anyway if they intend to open to non-Teslas. Look at those sharp corners. I don't see how they will pass pedestrian safety requirements AND those corners mean bad news to other cars—that crash into them or vice versa.
I hope bystanders and non-Tesla drivers don’t get seriously hurt by those sharp edges.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Bigger cars = back them in.
My experience with the Hummer says that backing them for charging in is a lot more frustrating. You can't really see where the port is while you are parking and can't visually estimate if you are in quite the right place. Even with the 360 degree cameras.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Look at those sharp corners. I don't see how they will pass pedestrian safety requirements AND those corners mean bad news to other cars—that crash into them or vice versa.
Folks here are so concerned the CT won't pass "pedestrian safety requirements"... we have to assume that at this point in development, possibly just weeks away from vehicle mass production that someone at Tesla would have looked in to that right?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

The CyberTrucks charging port location is not the reason most people won't be buying this.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Folks here are so concerned the CT won't pass "pedestrian safety requirements"... we have to assume that at this point in development, possibly just weeks away from vehicle mass production that someone at Tesla would have looked in to that right?
Pedestrian impact standards don’t apply to trucks.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I used to think the Cybertruck was deeply flawed, but now I see how well it ties together the priorities of Elon Musk. It has the practical simplicity of the Model X falcon wing doors, the much-loved function-over-form of the steering yoke, the incredible utility built into every Tesla which can make fart noises, and I have every confidence it will continue the tradition of class-leading accuracy of the vehicle’s range in real-world conditions. Bravo, Elon, bravo! :like:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Pedestrian impact standards don’t apply to trucks.
Which is one of the dumbest things ever. I get why a semi doesn't have to meet the standards, but there's really no reason a typical "work" pick-up truck can't be just as functional for the work part and still be safe for everyone else on the road.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT