Sponsored

Deep breaths and bright siding. What can you live with/ without?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Yea...the delay on top makes it an even tougher pill to swallow. Wait another two years, get a slower vehicle with two fewer motors, AND still pay more.

2024 is also an interesting time frame. 2023 deliveries were still likely to come before there are other viable options. 2024...could be another story. The market is going to be even more crowded then and what is unique and justifiable about an R1T or R1S now may be less so in two years.
The problem is now we KNOW there is no guarantee we get what we see in two years. Everyone called Hummer's price ridiculous when it was announced. At least I knew what I was dealing with from get go on that. Didn't make the reservation and didn't spend a ton of time on forum obsessing about it. Cybertruck took their pricing out long before their first delivery. It is dishonest for Rivian to claim they didn't know this was coming. The question is even if you can reconfigure the truck to specs and price you can live with, do you trust the company and it's management enough to own their product. They have already said they plan on revenue with services and products after selling the vehicle. Can you guarantee they won't take something hostage or have ridiculous service fees for something that is not covered? It is not just about immediate reaction to a bad news. It is just one more data point about how the company is managed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The problem is now we KNOW there is no guarantee we get what we see in two years. Everyone called Hummer's price ridiculous when it was announced. At least I knew what I was dealing with from get go on that. Didn't make the reservation and didn't spend a ton of time on forum obsessing about it. Cybertruck took their pricing out long before their first delivery. It is dishonest for Rivian to claim they didn't know this was coming. The question is even if you can reconfigure the truck to specs and price you can live with, do you trust the company and it's management enough to own their product. They have already said they plan on revenue with services and products after selling the vehicle. Can you guarantee they won't take something hostage or have ridiculous service fees for something that is not covered? It is not just about immediate reaction to a bad news. It is just one more data point about how the company is managed.
That is a very valid concern. I was also thinking about the warranty or recalls. Most car manufacturers make warranty claims like a trip to the dentist and I fully expected that Rivian would act similar. However they showed a surprising level of greed and carelessness with how they handled this price increase. Can they be trusted to handle simple warranty claims? Can they be trusted to handle a recall professionally? I’d say definitely not after yesterday. They showed exactly what is most important to them.

lolmpg

First Name
DaVe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q7
Occupation
Real Estate
I have a March/April delivery window for my R1T LE and the price went from $79,975 to $94,450.

Getting rid of the 3-person tent: -$3100
Was on the fence about Ocean Coast interior, so that's probably gone: -$2000
And will probably drop the gear tunnel shuttle for $1500 and see if there are aftermarket options

Still too much for me to take.

Last edited:
OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have a March/April delivery window for my R1T LE and the price went from $79,975 to $94,450.

Getting rid of the 3-person tent: -$3100
Was on the fence about Ocean Coast interior, so that's probably gone: -$2000
And will probably drop the gear tunnel shuttle for $1500 and see if there are aftermarket options
Even with those changes you’re looking at about a 12% increase. I really did expect my price to go up because I reserved in the last few months. I was confident they would take care of anyone with a LE reservation. I’m sorry they went this route. It sucks to strip down the vehicles everyone was hoping for, even if one can afford it.
Sponsored