Sponsored

Definitely a big "NO" to mud flaps on the Rivian!

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

And in sport mode they can drag on the ground.
Make the ends of the flaps metal…so you can low rider cruise the blvd throwing sparks…😂

BeerInPeril

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure, 2016 Porsche GT4
Occupation
 Software Engineer
It doesn't need them. Underside of the truck has no painted surfaces.
And here I thought that tall vehicles with mud flaps had them to be considerate and avoid kicking up rocks in the windshield of the car behind them...

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And here I thought that tall vehicles with mud flaps had them to be considerate and avoid kicking up rocks in the windshield of the car behind them...
My 22s don't really pick up many rocks. Guess I haven't thought about that. Rock flaps are a completely different thing though, aren't they?

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The mudflap style pictured in the first post are not installed by people thinking they're being "considerate".

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Tesla Model 3
If your gonna do a photo shoot of your product, at least male sure the license plate is on straight:

Rivian R1T R1S Definitely a big "NO" to mud flaps on the Rivian! s-l640

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
After doing a full hand wash last week, and scrubbing THREE TIMES on the black plastic lowers along the rockers in an attempt to get rid of all the crud flung up, these are something I'm considering (IF they make a version without the stupid "F YO PAINT" hole).

Dunno about the rest of you, but I have to drive on dirt roads every day due to where I live, and it does a number on your paint. Even the plastic rocker covers get beat up.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Well you now need to add an additional disclaimer that you are not responsible for any wildfires started due to the mudflaps.
I already have an disclaimer. Please read it. :D

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
I don't understand all the hate on the mud flaps/splash guards. They prevent marring of the soft plastics below the doors and help keep the truck looking clean. If they drag the ground in low/lowest settings, that's a different issue. Seems like Rally Armor has done a pretty good job of fitting into the uniqueness of the truck (open area for aero on the front guards) and keeping them "no-drill". I'm gonna try a set and see how they work out... (flame suit on - :CWL:)
Sponsored

Last edited: