Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

If they had a tan or brown-based interior to go with that stunning color, I might have to make the first change to my preorder.
Same...I'd take a something like a saddle brown any day. I currently have FE selected, but really need to see it in person before I commit.
Sponsored

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Saw that first photo and thought "who's dad is loose in the SC parking lot?"

Then found out it was actually @bhlackey 's dad lol. Good on them and thank you for the scouting report! FG looks lovely - the more photos I see, the more I like my choice.

OP
OP
bhlackey

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
It appears to me that of all the deliveries and soon-to-be deliveries have 20” rims. I don’t recall seeing 21” or 22” yet in customer or SC lot pictures.
I think that you are right. But take into account this is Colorado :) The AT's have the snowflake logo on them which makes them count as snow tires when they call For "Chains or snow tires" on mountain highways.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
I think that you are right. But take into account this is Colorado :) The AT's have the snowflake logo on them which makes them count as snow tires when they call For "Chains or snow tires" on mountain highways.
I wanted to see what other Coloradans do in terms of seasonal tire swap outs. We've been in Denver for 9 years now and swap out our regular "summer" tires with winter tires (Blizzaks that aren't AT) for Oct-April for both of our SUVs. We know it helps with traction not only when we drive to the mtns. for skiing (and legally required) but also for city driving during snow/icy days.

We ordered R1S with 20" AT and wondering if we should switch these out for spring/summer/fall tires or just leave them on all year saving me time and money and finding space in our smallish garage? That would be my ideal scenario but wondering what others do with AT tires- do you swap them out for summer tires or leave them on all year? I'm not worried about the range hit as much.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bhlackey

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
They showed up unannounced. And someone came out and spent almost 30 min talking to them. Rivian was very helpful and answered lots of questions. They guy said he would have given them a test drive if they had one on order! :)

OP
OP
bhlackey

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Respectfully, I cringed when I saw him leaning against that truck. I hope that's his rig! EEK!! HAHA
Agreed! I don't think he was leaning as much as trying to sho how big/small it was compared to the other Ram's and one Tacoma in the parking lot.

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Agreed! I don't think he was leaning as much as trying to sho how big/small it was compared to the other Ram's and one Tacoma in the parking lot.
Probably no-touch policy is best. Hehe. I'm teasing of course. Appreciate the awesome pics!!! :);)

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
I wanted to see what other Coloradans do in terms of seasonal tire swap outs. We've been in Denver for 9 years now and swap out our regular "summer" tires with winter tires (Blizzaks that aren't AT) for Oct-April for both of our SUVs. We know it helps with traction not only when we drive to the mtns. for skiing (and legally required) but also for city driving during snow/icy days.

We ordered R1S with 20" AT and wondering if we should switch these out for spring/summer/fall tires or just leave them on all year saving me time and money and finding space in our smallish garage? That would be my ideal scenario but wondering what others do with AT tires- do you swap them out for summer tires or leave them on all year? I'm not worried about the range hit as much.
Hey JKDU, I've lived in Colorado since 2006 (Uncle Sam left me here ?) and I've generally just left ATs on my trucks all year. For cars, I usually have some type of Summer only tire and switch to "no seasons" for the Winter. I currently am running the factory 33" Falken Wildpeak AT's on my Gladiator and have had no issues for the last two years. The Glady is my family's go-to vehicle in bad weather. If you don't mind the swap, you might get a little better mileage (oops, range) by swapping to a highway tire on the R1T but that's just conjecture. I plan to just leave the ATs on year round once I get the Rivian.

Hope this helps...

Ron

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpw81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5 PHEV
Owned a couple of 4runners over the years. Always just left the ATs on all year. I've also never had a long commute and we generally keep low mileage on our vehicles, so reduced mpgs never really hit the wallet too hard.

PoorDick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Karma, 2019 Colorado, 2022 C40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
If there's a blue LE with mountain interior and 20" dark wheels it's mine!!!!

Or not...

On order since Feb 2020.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I wanted to see what other Coloradans do in terms of seasonal tire swap outs.
I've been running Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my 4Runner since I bought it. They're also a 3PMSF AT, but I'd say they're just okay in the winter. I get by just fine, but they don't hold a candle to real winter tires on my old Subarus. My daily driver MINI EV just has all-seasons since I take the 4Runner on snow days. When I get the Rivian, my plan is to find an extra set of wheels and go for a full on winter/snow tire. Given that the stock AT is a P-metric rather than LT, I will more than likely throw on an LT E-load AT at some point since the R1 will be replacing both my 4Runner for off-road as well as the MINI EV. As for what winter tired I'd run...hell if I know. I'll figure that out when I actually get the truck in a year or two.
Sponsored