Sponsored

Colosaleen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage Roadster, Dodge Viper RT/10, Saleen S351R Speedster
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Question but are all these order delivery as in sold? Or does Rivian at least have one that is available to sit inside, have them take me for a test ride, etc? I have really been wanting one but just can’t order one without seeing it, touching it, etc.

Thanks
Sponsored

Warmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW 20
Was just at the service center. For the most part, looked like they're all still there... but I did not see the forest green one. Lot of launch green, two blue, one silver, one black, one white, and one granite. All interiors looked like black mountain. All had the tow hooks on the front, and looked like they all had 20 wheels.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I've been running Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my 4Runner since I bought it. They're also a 3PMSF AT, but I'd say they're just okay in the winter. I get by just fine, but they don't hold a candle to real winter tires on my old Subarus. My daily driver MINI EV just has all-seasons since I take the 4Runner on snow days. When I get the Rivian, my plan is to find an extra set of wheels and go for a full on winter/snow tire. Given that the stock AT is a P-metric rather than LT, I will more than likely throw on an LT E-load AT at some point since the R1 will be replacing both my 4Runner for off-road as well as the MINI EV. As for what winter tired I'd run...hell if I know. I'll figure that out when I actually get the truck in a year or two.
We have two Bronco Sports running the Falken Wildpeak AT3W and they're great. They're not as grippy on ice as a dedicated winter or ice-rated tire, but they outperform winter tires in most other aspects. So far, they're much superior in deeper snow or slush vs. the Blizzaks on our Explorer or the Sottozero Winters on our Model Y. The Y with the Sottozeros just handles wonderfully but the weight and low and square center of gravity does a lot there and yet it struggles in 3" of slushy crap to find traction because the tire treads, even the sipings, pack full and then you have icy slick tires. Just have to say that I have zero desire to swap out these AT3Ws for dedicated winter tires. I'm hoping the Scorpion ATs on the Rivian perform similarly.

Colosaleen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage Roadster, Dodge Viper RT/10, Saleen S351R Speedster
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Was just at the service center. For the most part, looked like they're all still there... but I did not see the forest green one. Lot of launch green, two blue, one silver, one black, one white, and one granite. All interiors looked like black mountain. All had the tow hooks on the front, and looked like they all had 20 wheels.
Thanks, will see how the weather looks end of work before I drive up there.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Question but are all these order delivery as in sold? Or does Rivian at least have one that is available to sit inside, have them take me for a test ride, etc? I have really been wanting one but just can’t order one without seeing it, touching it, etc.

Thanks
I'd suggest you order now if you want something before 2024 or even 2025. And before the price increases (again). If you order now you'll have plenty of time to get a test drive.

Sponsored

Colosaleen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'd suggest you order now if you want something before 2024 or even 2025. And before the price increases (again). If you order now you'll have plenty of time to get a test drive.
No way on earth I am laying 6 figures on a vehicle without seeing it, touching it and experiencing a ride first. Bought a number of very expensive vehicles in my life and these are my own words to live by. Also why I never buy vehicles at auction, sight unseen.

If Rivian can not accommodate, I will simply choose something else. I do very much like Rivian, want a Rivian and would like to have a R1T but I am not compromising on that principle.

Sure I will run into a new owner willing to spend a few moments with me.

Then again, I would want the largest battery pack offered. The price increase is likely counting on more EV credits being pushed through law. As much as the new prices increased, truthfully, it’s enough to make me question my sanity in still considering it. If they do it again, no way I will bite. Unless I really like it, and ride/engineering is up to par for a vehicle like this.

Reactions: Rad

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

No way on earth I am laying 6 figures on a vehicle without seeing it, touching it and experiencing a ride first. Bought a number of very expensive vehicles in my life and these are my own words to live by. Also why I never buy vehicles at auction, sight unseen.
No one is suggesting you do that. You don't pay for the full cost of the vehicle when you pre-order. You only put down a refundable $1000 deposit. They are simply saying that you should pre-order now and then expect to actually drive one before it is time to finalize your order because at this point you're just getting further behind the reservation queue.

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Verified! We counted 21 as well (including the three employee trucks parked around the side - not shown), although I didn't see any Forest Green trucks.

Thanks for the trip @bhlackey!

Nice! Making progress...

Looks like we have LG with 22" darks ready for delivery...

Rivian R1T R1S Denver service center received 21 R1T Today 1646866543089

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thanks for the pics and video! Nice to see so much activity there. All those colors look good to me!

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I would have been riding herd on getting those 21 units in people's hands already. As in before tomorrow's earnings call. Just sayin.

Butts in trucks.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Granite and Silver color are starting to grow on me. Might have to switch up my exterior color from Limestone to one of these. But going to wait until they update my pricing back to original preorder price. If I do Granite, then I'll end up having 2 cars with same color.....

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I just wish the FE used brown/tan as the contract color, rather than the grey/black.
I would love a saddle tan interior, too. I don't like black (I live in the devil's furnace: Phoenix. It's perfect now but June - October is HOT). I like the wood color of Forest Edge, but not sure I like the green seats. Reminds me too much of the 1970s (avacodo and the green interior/exterior of my parent's ford gran torino station wagon). I really want to see them in person before making a final decision. I pre-ordered an R1S in Sept 2019, so I hope to see some R1Ts pretty soon.
Sponsored