First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S Discovered that R1T Powered Tonneau Available in Gear Shop Early 2024?! IMG_0089

Found something interesting in the R1T shop that is now accessible to all. For the R1Ts there is a section that says it’s compatible with both the manual and power tonneau cover. Looking at the details it says manual cover will be available in gear shop later this year and power will be available in gear shop early 2024. Does that mean the powered cover will be able to be retrofitted? I already have the powered cover, but I always thought the stance was it had to be ordered with the vehicle. Could be good for those that want the powered cover and are willing to pay whatever they end up asking for it.

How to find:

Go to Rivian’s website and configure a R1T, at the end there will be a link to the shop, select a R1T, down towards the bottom there is a blurb about it being compatible with tonneau covers, click on that and the window pops up talking about gear shop availability.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

That would be a great option. If they do this then I would expect it is significantly more expensive than having it in a new build.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Nice find.

Still waiting for the post Labor Day summer powered tonneau replacements.

Sponsored

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Sweet find! I’d definitely be tempted if it was a robust design. I suspect that it will be significantly more expensive than the $1,800 manual cover though, so probably out of the price range I’d be willing to pay regardless.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

ive asked my guide multiple times, including today if the powered tonneau can be retrofitted and he's said each time as far as he knows it can't be, it has to be factory installed at the time of the truck being built.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don’t see it. Can you share the url?
Go to Rivian’s website and configure a R1T, at the end there will be a link to the shop, select a R1T, down towards the bottom there is a blurb about it being compatible with tonneau covers, click on that and the window pops up talking about gear shop availability.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Wow, WTF Rivian?! We have been waiting for updates (I have an R1T on hold since January of this year specifically waiting for power tonneau to be added) and this is how they bury an update on the status?

My Guide has had no new information when I check in with them.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
IMG_2955.png

This is what I saw when I went and configured a R1T.
Hmm 🤔 guessing $5k option? Maybe they’re playing margin game.
Sponsored