Sponsored

Does estimated range go back up when you disconnect?

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs

Hi all. I’ve read everything I can about towing and watched a pile of videos, but have not yet found the answer to the following question:
we know that when you plug in a trailer and switch to tow mode, your estimated range drops by half. But— after towing, and you unplug, does your range revert back and double whatever remained?
So if it said 28 miles left with a trailer attached, would it say 56 miles immediately upon disconnecting the trailer and plug?

thanks to all!
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

The range ‘estimate’ will adjust after you remove it from tow mode, the same way it will adjust when you switch from sport to conserve mode.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Hi all. I’ve read everything I can about towing and watched a pile of videos, but have not yet found the answer to the following question:
we know that when you plug in a trailer and switch to tow mode, your estimated range drops by half. But— after towing, and you unplug, does your range revert back and double whatever remained?
So if it said 28 miles left with a trailer attached, would it say 56 miles immediately upon disconnecting the trailer and plug?

thanks to all!
The range value automatically changes when you switch the truck out of towing mode.

OP
OP

Lawrence-of-Blaine

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, GMC Envoy, Nissan 350Z
Occupation
Photographer/Artist
Clubs