RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I am waiting to see how much will it cost to buy from @RWerksman in DollarTree color :involve:
If the price right I will buy one 100%
LOL. I never thought about making it in green.

I can confirm it's coming though.
Sponsored

dradam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S OC LA Silver 21 as of Nov 3, 2022 !!
GREATMinds! I had my son make me one (I have adjusted the STL since the pictures were taken had to rotate the logo correctly and align the holes/lid better... haven't reprinted the new STL)

IMG_20240323_081905.jpg

IMG_20240323_110624.jpg
Thank you for posting this terrific print. I realized before printing that it was too long for the R1S so I shortened it and made some minor adjustments to the sliding cover. I guess the R1T has a longer depth behind the hitch. If you give your permission I will post the Remix on Printables.com with attribution as a remix to you and your son.

Sponsored

NDIrish

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineering Operations Manager
Clubs

Thank you for posting this terrific print. I realized before printing that it was too long for the R1S so I shortened it and made some minor adjustments to the sliding cover. I guess the R1T has a longer depth behind the hitch. If you give your permission I will post the Remix on Printables.com with attribution as a remix to you and your son.
I am fine with that! Always fun to share. On the length I never really measured, sorta looked and didn't see much behind there so I made it long for more space and the R1T I had no issues installing it. So definitely some optimizations could take place.

I haven't actually printed that latest file the one I printed I had to adjust the pin holes so it sat further back and the narrow the lid to slide better (oh and the rotated logo ;) ), I was going to reprint and only other optimization was I thought I might block out a channel or 2 thin walls for the pin hole, because I thought I'd stuff some foam or other junk laying around to keep the contents from rattling around and had to work the pin around that junk when inserting it, so giving the pin a clear path could be useful.

Then I'll move this one to my Jeep :) which has a higher probability of rolling on it's side and having the Rivian Logo corrected naturally!

dradam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S OC LA Silver 21 as of Nov 3, 2022 !!
I am fine with that! Always fun to share. On the length I never really measured, sorta looked and didn't see much behind there so I made it long for more space and the R1T I had no issues installing it. So definitely some optimizations could take place.

I haven't actually printed that latest file the one I printed I had to adjust the pin holes so it sat further back and the narrow the lid to slide better (oh and the rotated logo ;) ), I was going to reprint and only other optimization was I thought I might block out a channel or 2 thin walls for the pin hole, because I thought I'd stuff some foam or other junk laying around to keep the contents from rattling around and had to work the pin around that junk when inserting it, so giving the pin a clear path could be useful.

Then I'll move this one to my Jeep :) which has a higher probability of rolling on it's side and having the Rivian Logo corrected naturally!
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! 1712179696471-1

Your design and my remix for R1S posted on Printables.com attributed to you and your son. Thank you for allowing me to post this for others.

https://www.printables.com/model/831428-r1s-trailer-hitch-tool-box

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I have two questions:

First is lid or no lid? Lid is no problem at all. I think I'd prefer that. I have one on the printer now with a lid. Both are pretty straightforward to make.

Second is long or short? The OP's big version is about 6.5" long. The max that can be accommodated inside is somewhere around 9". I feel like 6.5" sounds about right, and that 9" sounds good in theory, but probably isn't as useful as one thinks. 😁

Oh, and I feel like I'm hearing that I need to produce more one-off cheap versions of everything in Dollar Store Green. Don't make me go buy another roll of it. Cause I will...

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Very quick and dirty print:

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Hitch Receiver Box for tools / storage [STL files] + larger version update! IMG_2143.JPG

I made it with absolute minimum amount of infit and layers as a fitment test. This would not be indicative of final shipping quality. It's roughly the 6.5" version posted prior + a lid.

Speaking of the lid - the sides bow just slightly, making the lid creak a little. I personally don't care as it does what it's supposed to and I think I would prefer that to making stuff a bit more dense as that just takes away space inside of the box.

Feedback is welcome.

OP
OP
MtnRiv

MtnRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Very quick and dirty print:

IMG_2143.JPG

I made it with absolute minimum amount of infit and layers as a fitment test. This would not be indicative of final shipping quality. It's roughly the 6.5" version posted prior + a lid.

Speaking of the lid - the sides bow just slightly, making the lid creak a little. I personally don't care as it does what it's supposed to and I think I would prefer that to making stuff a bit more dense as that just takes away space inside of the box.

Feedback is welcome.
The lid looks good! I think the only other thing I added to my original design was a couple drain holes.
Sponsored