First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
First time reviewing DriveCam footage- Pretty sweet how this works!
Anyway, coming home from dinner last night some punks on motorcycles tried to harass us. A few times I thought they were trying to box us in to either slow us down or push us off the road. Ample acceleration used a couple of times to close the gap with the vehicle in front of me. Good times! My wife wasn't happy about it and was on 911
Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don’t see anything in that video to call 911 about. The guy definitely got a bit close but that’s really his problem in the end since he’s on a bike with no gear on.

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Ok, and that's your opinion. You didn't have the full experience. Apparently your harassment threshold is different.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
WTF was that idiot trying to do? Tangling with any car, let alone an 8000 lb truck while you are on a motorcycle is just pure dumb dumb.

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Yeah, I would have given them a love tap into the sidewall if things got more aggressive. As a motorcyclist myself I don’t get driving like that. You will always lose to a car. What instigated the interaction? Anything in particular? There are also just a lot of punks so I get that too.

Sponsored

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
First time reviewing DriveCam footage- Pretty sweet how this works!
Anyway, coming home from dinner last night some punks on motorcycles tried to harass us. A few times I thought they were trying to box us in to either slow us down or push us off the road. Ample acceleration used a couple of times to close the gap with the vehicle in front of me. Good times! My wife wasn't happy about it and was on 911
Kudos to you; in that moment I would have found it very difficult to not swerve and or brake check when you got ahead. That obviously would have been a terrible thing to do to these jackasses but defense by offense takes over at times and is hard to control.

I completely disagree with Thedude, the police def should have been informed of this situation.

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Ok, and that's your opinion. You didn't have the full experience. Apparently your harassment threshold is different.
Yeah, IMO video doesn’t show anything to get anyones panties wet, but I still disagree there should be helmet laws or the like…WAY too many stupid people are among us…let natural selection take its toll!

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Yeah, I would have given them a love tap into the sidewall if things got more aggressive. As a motorcyclist myself I don’t get driving like that. You will always lose to a car. What instigated the interaction? Anything in particular? There are also just a lot of punks so I get that too.
Nothing except merging onto the highway. They were coming out of the waterfront tunnel at a high rate of speed.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I wouldn’t have called the cops because it would have interrupted my laughing at them, but it doesn’t mean they didn’t deserve it. That kind of behavior could have easily spooked someone and caused an accident.

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Yeah, IMO video doesn’t show anything to get anyones panties wet, but I still disagree there should be helmet laws or the like…WAY too many stupid people are among us…let natural selection take its toll!
Eh to me it looked like he was threatening to break the mirror, which could be more than a mild inconvenience. But not sure what would have provoked that, so maybe he was just goofing off.

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I’m so often baffled at how dangerously motorcyclists ride on highways. Weaving in and out of heavy traffic at high speeds, lane splitting in heavy traffic, and a complete aversion to using turn signals drives me crazy. Surprised there aren’t more crashes, honestly.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Nothing except merging onto the highway. They were coming out of the waterfront tunnel at a high rate of speed.
Guessing you cut them off then. Stupid all around, but they wouldn't have acted that way without some perceived provocation.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah I'd like to see what happened before this. It usually doesn't happen where one of those guys would just harass drivers unprovoked.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Guessing you cut them off then. Stupid all around, but they wouldn't have acted that way without some perceived provocation.
Yes something happened prior to this but the key word here is perceived. As a motorcyclist you have to assume you are invisible and the drivers to not see you. Appears this lesson has not been learned by this guy.

If you are splitting lanes and riding lines, at some point you are not going to be seen, it is on you to ride defensively and not get upset about it.

We all just need to share the roads and realize things will happen. I am amazed every day at the lack of patients and over reactions on the SoCal freeways.
Sponsored