Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, 20" Brights, Ocean Breeze
Occupation
Cinematographer
Clubs

Hey all,

I've noticed after the last few updates that my Driver+ doesn't work at all anymore. I drive the same 40 miles almost every time I drive and sections of the 101 between Ventura and LA would let me use it (also on the 118). Two updates ago I noticed that it would kick me out of it much more often. Now, after the latest update, I have been unable to use Driver+ AT ALL. At best the icon will flash on and off. Anytime I activate it, it immediately tells me to take the wheel (it does not take the wheel control at any time) and this is on sections of highway that previously worked. I've cleaned all the cameras. Perhaps I should reset the vehicle again. It has been reset before, but a few software versions ago. As the updates have rolled out, it seems that each time driver+ works less and less. Now it's totally unusable.

The Adaptive cruise control is also acting up. Every time I activate it, it tells me to put my hands at exactly 10 and 2 and beeps warnings (never did this in previous software versions). I have to kind of fondle the 10 and 2 positions before the warning turns off. It used to work well in the past but I feel like something isn't right here.

Curious if anyone else has experienced this loss in driver+ capability.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
It sounds like you have a sensor problem. I would try a soft reset and test. Then a hard reset and test if that didn't work. Then test on some other stretch of highway because maybe they removed your stretch from the list of mapped roads.

OP
OP

Triangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, 20" Brights, Ocean Breeze
Occupation
Cinematographer
Clubs

It sounds like you have a sensor problem. I would try a soft reset and test. Then a hard reset and test if that didn't work. Then test on some other stretch of highway because maybe they removed your stretch from the list of mapped roads.
I'll try the resets. While this is the most common drive I do, I'm also all over SoCal and even driving by El Segundo on the 405 does not show as "mapped." You would think they would have mapped the area around there at least.

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
I've used bot h for many miles in the last two days with no issues. I think you have a service ticket in your future.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs