Chris9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Driver + Unavailable Service Soon

I randomly get this message, there’s no rhyme or reason. A sleep cycle always seems to fix it. My car is at the SC now, they’re just having an issue locating the cause. Anyone had a similar issue?

Rivian R1T R1S Driver + Unavailable IMG_1400
Sponsored

RBM3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, eGolf, GX460
I had intermittent issues with Driver+ features in my car since delivery. I didn’t get the message about the parking ultrasonic sensors like yours, mine showed up as the front radars and the front camera. They replaced the ADAS computer on my car. That fixed the problems for a while, but now they are slowly starting to reappear as of a week or two ago. :(
I’m beginning to think I have a loose wire or ground somewhere. It’s sometimes seems to happen and go away on mine when I hit a bump in the road.

pepe

First Name
Pepe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retail
Driver + Unavailable Service Soon

I randomly get this message, there’s no rhyme or reason. A sleep cycle always seems to fix it. My car is at the SC now, they’re just having an issue locating the cause. Anyone had a similar issue?

IMG_1400.jpeg
Yes, it just happened to mine just like your screen is showing. I requested service and got an appointment for next week. It got fixed overnight. I have had my R1S for 5 months now. Over 4k miles.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
The biggest gap between Rivian and Tesla as I own both, lies in ADAS. Even before FSD 12.3, Autopilot was so much ahead. Now it’s another league. I haven’t seen much improvement in Driver + more than a year since I have owned Rivian. Tesla’s jump from V 11 to V 12 is jaw dropping. I don’t think Rivian has enough resources to tackle ADAS as they need to cut cost.

bdwalters

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Hardware Engineer
The biggest gap between Rivian and Tesla as I own both, lies in ADAS. Even before FSD 12.3, Autopilot was so much ahead. Now it’s another league. I haven’t seen much improvement in Driver + more than a year since I have owned Rivian. Tesla’s jump from V 11 to V 12 is jaw dropping. I don’t think Rivian has enough resources to tackle ADAS as they need to cut cost.
I agree. Tesla’s V12 is stunning. They have spent billions developing it. Rivian just doesn’t have the resources to keep pace here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris9742

Chris9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Update: If you’re having a similar issue, check the camera behind the rearview mirror. When the SC popped off the trim piece on mine, the bottom right corner wasn’t glued to the windshield. I guess it was causing the camera to move and causing the Driver + to fail. I haven‘t had any further problems since they fixed It.

RedCanyon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

I agree. Tesla’s V12 is stunning. They have spent billions developing it. Rivian just doesn’t have the resources to keep pace here.
Hopefully they have the tech in our cars to support implanting it and they can license from Tesla. Not expecting it, but a guy can hope.

OP
OP
Chris9742

Chris9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yes, it just happened to mine just like your screen is showing. I requested service and got an appointment for next week. It got fixed overnight. I have had my R1S for 5 months now. Over 4k miles.
My issue is back, and it is happening now on every drive. Did they figure out what was causing yours to fail? I have another appointed next week.

RBM3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, eGolf, GX460
My issue is back, and it is happening now on every drive. Did they figure out what was causing yours to fail? I have another appointed next week.
Any update after your appointment? My issues with driver assist have returned and my appointment is 3 months out. I feel like since the safety systems are disabled that they should have a bit more priority in getting these fixed.

OP
OP
Chris9742

Chris9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Any update after your appointment? My issues with driver assist have returned and my appointment is 3 months out. I feel like since the safety systems are disabled that they should have a bit more priority in getting these fixed.
They replaced my AXM module, which fixed the issue for about three weeks. It is back now, so I have another appointment on June 10th. I have read others have had issues with the Ethernet cable causing this problem.

I agree with you. It is also annoying to not be able to use cruise control on roadtrips. I would try calling them and expressing your concern about safety and see if they will squeeze you in.

corrado90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X (60D) & BMW X5
Occupation
Professor
I picked the R1T up on May 29 2024, and started the drive home from Atlanta to Charleston & just before Augusta driver + feature failed simply by telling me it was no longer available while on interstate 20. It simply stopped working- no cruise, No Lane maintenance, nothing! Stopped to charge the R1T in Augusta, allowing the cpu to cool off still no adaptive cruise whatsoever. Drove the 3+ hours back to Charleston with not even simple cruise control. Once in Charleston did a hard reset, as I was afraid that I might brick the cpu 3 hours from home. Remarkably it worked for 2 miles
and then again the same problem. As I was new to Rivian, I didn’t know if I was spoiled by Tesla or if this was truly a hardware issue, did the same hardware reset this time no simple cruise and no adaptive cruise. Sent a trouble ticket and now am offered a six hour drive back to Atlanta to get it to service. This is a brand new vehicle and I have to take a day off drive six hours for them to troubleshoot an issue that should have been resolved before delivery then another 6 hours back to Charleston. One warning I should have perceived is at the time of delivery, they couldn’t get my phone (iPhone 15) to accept the R1T whereupon they took the R1 T into the garage where they spent an hour at which point my phone was able to accept ownership of the R1T. Leaves me wondering if they reconnected all the bits or damaged the wiring harness during the delivery process? I expected a few glitches but not the need to drive to Atlanta for every minor issue . Where’s mobile service? And is this problem solvable?
Sponsored