First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I have now checked for DriveStream video clips on a couple of occasions after events happened while driving only to find the clips did not exist.

I eject the USB using the main screen before I disconnect it. I connect the USB to my phone and browse, only to find the folder was created for the timeframe I am looking up, but there are no video clips included in the folder.

One time...it was a fluke, more than one time...it's a thing.

I have soft and hard reset the truck. I need to go wipe the drive next and start fresh with the storage...

Has anyone else run into this? I have not taken it back to Service yet, I am waiting to wipe the drive as my final troubleshooting step before I submit a ticket.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jerseyff

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Update - quick formatted the flash drive with my laptop, stuck it back in the truck and now it wont pass the speed test. Guess that may be related...shopping for a drive tomorrow!

Sagesq

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

If the drive isn’t compatible - and many are not - it won’t work no matter what. I think I bought the Samsung adventure drive.

OP
OP
jerseyff

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
So formatted the drive, it now fails the speed test. However another thread says reset the truck it will pass. I need to check the videos from my commute this morning to see if they populated as expected. The drive has worked for 30k miles. I was able to circumvent the not fast enough by copying the benchmark.log file the way described in this thread...

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/external-hard-drive-issue.25552/

Last edited:

DarthBrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad/Large; Matchbox R1T
So formatted the drive, it now fails the speed test. However another thread says reset the truck it will pass. I need to check the videos from my commute this morning to see if they populated as expected. The drive has worked for 30k miles. I was able to circumvent the not fast enough by copying the benchmark.log file the way described in this thread...

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/external-hard-drive-issue.25552/
I had the same issue with my 2024 R1S on software 2024.11.02 since the first time I set up Drive Cam a couple weeks ago. Drive Cam manual events would record, but the "DriveStream" folder was always empty--no continuous recordings. I'm using a 1TB Samsung T7 SSD.

Infotainment reset didn't help. Reformatting and repartitioning the drive on Mac and Windows led to errors--either failing the speed test, or failing to format in the car all. Windows 11 doesn't like 1TB Fat32 partitions it seems.

Finally got it working by using gparted in Linux. Rebuilt the partition table as "msdos" (Master Boot Record), then created a new primary partition formatted Fat 32. Reformatted in the car, speed test passed, and now seems to be working fine. There may be other ways, but it appears the Rivian software is picky about the partition table or formatting.
Sponsored