Sponsored

EA fixed a station in the southeast

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I've been complaining for months now that EA has never fixed a charger or station that I've reported broken.

That's no longer valid--looking on Plugshare today the Jackson, TN EA station appears to be fully functional for the last couple of days. It had been derated "for active maintenance" since at least the beginning of march 2023 but now appears to have been fixed.

Also, the site in Alabaster AL appears to have been worked on. Still the same number of down or partially functional cabinets as in march, but they are different cabinets which are now broken. I think this means there was some maintenance, but it's not keeping up with attrition.

The sites in Effingham IL, and Paduca, KY are now worse than the last time I checked, so overall system reliability/availability continues to deteriorate, but it appears that there is at least some maintenance going on, so maybe there's hope.

The Memphis EA station remains totally offline for four months now.
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
One down, how many thousands to go?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Walterboro SC needs help badly. That site is pretty unusable with no other options on the route.
At least there’s a RAN near Savannah now. But yea Walterboro needs fixing because there’s literally nothing else except North Charleston. Columbia is garbage too, while we’re at it

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I saw them either fixing or replacing some particularly craptastic ones in Denver a few weeks back.

Maybe they’re finally starting to get the message.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
I've been complaining for months now that EA has never fixed a charger or station that I've reported broken.

That's no longer valid--looking on Plugshare today the Jackson, TN EA station appears to be fully functional for the last couple of days. It had been derated "for active maintenance" since at least the beginning of march 2023 but now appears to have been fixed.

Also, the site in Alabaster AL appears to have been worked on. Still the same number of down or partially functional cabinets as in march, but they are different cabinets which are now broken. I think this means there was some maintenance, but it's not keeping up with attrition.

The sites in Effingham IL, and Paduca, KY are now worse than the last time I checked, so overall system reliability/availability continues to deteriorate, but it appears that there is at least some maintenance going on, so maybe there's hope.

The Memphis EA station remains totally offline for four months now.
The worst part of all of this is that most Supercharger stations in this area (Jackson, Kuttawa, Dickson, Bowling Green, Manchester, Cookeville, etc.) are V2's that aren't part of the Tesla deal. We live in Nashville and access to these stations would make a huge difference for us.
Sponsored