Sponsored

Electric Water Heater - Shower options / recommendations?

Bbok1208

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have a build going for my Tune camper. Looking to see if people have developed systems for electric hot water heaters to shower/dishes.

Lots of camping showers on the market use propane which may end up being my system. I’ve used roadshower before and liked it but I’m not sure it’ll work on my current set up. Also very reliant on the sun.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I was looking for something, but ended up going with propane for hot water/shower and cooking. Maybe eventually I can go fuel free, but for now this seems to be the better solution.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Whatever you do, avoid the Geyser portable shower at all cost - dumbest piece of camping equipment I’ve ever purchased. Bulky, awkward, silly little sponge for a ‘shower’ and tank not big enough.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We are using a Bosch ES2.5 for washing dishes and such. Requires having another water tank and keeping a pressurized system. Never got around to having a more permanent install on it but it worked out well enough for the few times we used it.

The unfortunate thing with the Rivian is there's just not enough electrical power available for instant hot water. Would likely be easier to use a propane based instant heater.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I bought my Camplux camping water heater on Amazon. WAY cheaper than anywhere else, and it's been working great so far. Sometimes taking a chance on a lesser-known brand pays off, and those Amazon reviews are helpful.
Link to exact model?

Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I have the Joolca Hot Tap, it works well and has ability to pull from any water source and also recirculate grey water for unlimited showers.

https://www.joolca.com/products/hottap-v2
How easy is it to set up and take down for camping? It seems like a good system for hot water, but I am concerned about adding more stuff that requires more effort.
Sponsored