First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Got slotted for my iX order yesterday. Should arrive in 3-4 months according to GSM at BMW dealer. It will cost more than I wanted to pay but I’ll make it work BMW still qualifies for max tax rebate. My local utility will give me $1000 for having battery car plus I have a meter installed for preferred charging and pricing, Rivian, I found out after a deep dive, actually cancelled my order internally yet I was assured it’s back in the que. No emails about my new delivery slot/timeline. I bailed on Fisker. Didn’t like non-refundable monies upfront with ambiguous delivery time. Bailed on Lyriq when every SoCal dealer said pricing is $10K OVER sticker( f- them). So I’m left with never ending promises from Rivian and a firm at sticker order from BMW. Beinf an ”ELectronaut” has lots of growing pains. Yet I still smile every time I drive by a gas station in my Tesla. I do miss the hostess donuts in the mini store at the gas station.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I put my refundable $200 on a Vinfast VF9 and I got a $5k voucher from them and they may deliver end of 2022. Seems like a safer option to me.

Don't they lease you the battery so essentially there is 2x fees?

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Got slotted for my iX order yesterday. Should arrive in 3-4 months according to GSM at BMW dealer. It will cost more than I wanted to pay but I’ll make it work BMW still qualifies for max tax rebate. My local utility will give me $1000 for having battery car plus I have a meter installed for preferred charging and pricing, Rivian, I found out after a deep dive, actually cancelled my order internally yet I was assured it’s back in the que. No emails about my new delivery slot/timeline. I bailed on Fisker. Didn’t like non-refundable monies upfront with ambiguous delivery time. Bailed on Lyriq when every SoCal dealer said pricing is $10K OVER sticker( f- them). So I’m left with never ending promises from Rivian and a firm at sticker order from BMW. Beinf an ”ELectronaut” has lots of growing pains. Yet I still smile every time I drive by a gas station in my Tesla. I do miss the hostess donuts in the mini store at the gas station.
IX is nice and good timeline for delivery for you. It’s over budget for me 😔

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I’m in the same camp as the OP regarding always have a Plan B.

-I reserved a Bronco on 7/2020 and it finally arrived last month (flipping)
-I reserved a Ford Lightning as soon as the ordering site went live. It’s scheduled to be built at the end of July (flipping)
-I reserved a Cybertruck the day after the reveal on 11/2019 (2024-2025?)
-Lastly I ordered a Rivian R1T on 2/2021

My plan is to switch my Explore trim to an Adventure after I sell the Bronco and Lightning. Hopefully I can take delivery by the end of the year.

I completed my First Mile test drive last month. The truck simply exceeded all of my expectations and the size is perfect.

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Hell no...I wish them the best, but for them to do even half of what Rivian has done would be a miracle. Building brand recognition, support network, service centers, chargers, you name it. Rivian will have a hard time...Fisker will struggle 10x more. No way they pull it off.

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
Don't they lease you the battery so essentially there is 2x fees?
Sure... but if you factor in total cost... it's not that bad especially if you drive low miles and use the per mile plan. At $55k, a 3-row SUV EV is pretty cheap compared to the R1S and even the 7-seater Model Y which is smaller.
Sponsored