Fisker Ocean order…..

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Because its a red flag for any company to go back to the reservation holders and ask for more money.

@DaveA is right, I believe, the they need money to work on Pearl and other projects in addition to secure increased production and parts costs.

Fisker has already BK'd once and Chinese bought Karman Fisker. While Magna makes great quality vehicles, they don't run Fisker so we'll have to see as time goes on.

I own almost all EV company stocks and view them as sort of like venture capital investments. Already Lordstown and Electric Last Mile filed BKs. I expect others do the same as time goes on...
I expect Foxconn to make an investment in Fisker for the Pear in the near future…would make sense.
Sponsored

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Paying now or paying later, the car has to be paid for. Fisker did go bankrupt years ago. The Karma was ahead of its time. In addition Fisker made strategic mistakes all along the line. Plus the world is more receptive to BEVs than it was back then.
could I lose the $5K? Guess so. Am I going to stress about it? No.
until an R1S rolls into my driveway, it’s a ghost machine. If I had a dollar for all of Rivian’s promises and projections I’d break even on my Fisker deposit.
in life, nothing ventured is nothing gained.
wanted a Lyric, was ready to order until the scumbag dealer in my area informed me of the 10K dealer markup. Told him to go pound sand. Rivian tried to hose us launch edition customers and that was rolled back. Fisker is honoring the price. At least at the moment.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

First, not saying Rivian over Fisker. Both are not short on issues.

The total outlay being the same, potentially, if they collect $5K now or later. The only difference being that if Fisker has to finance the $5K/vehicle equivalent amount to continue their operations, then by collecting from preorder customers, they save cost of money.

I will only buy future vehicles a dealer as the last resort. Most people chose Rivian for off-road capabilities and EV reasons. I chose it for direct sales and EV SUV (not CUV) reason.

Now, if Rivian cannot get their act together soon, I'll consider Polestar 3 or Lucid Gravity.

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage
Polestar 3 looks inviting. I would like to see it

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage
Possible reverse of course here. Just got more detailed info. Fisker is promising delivery of first 5000 by end of Sept 2023. In my mind that seems to be quite a long time to deliver me my ocean one. Especially when you consider production starting in November 2022. Going to keep digging before paying. My first inclination was to pay the 5K and see the car in early 23 (Jan, Feb) I’m fairly confident my R1S will show up before then.

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Possible reverse of course here. Just got more detailed info. Fisker is promising delivery of first 5000 by end of Sept 2023. In my mind that seems to be quite a long time to deliver me my ocean one. Especially when you consider production starting in November 2022. Going to keep digging before paying. My first inclination was to pay the 5K and see the car in early 23 (Jan, Feb) I’m fairly confident my R1S will show up before then.
I also can put my order in, but without a solid timeframe of when I'd get it I'm not sure I'm willing to at this time. By end of this year? Yes. By end of 2023? No.

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage
Decided to pull off of the Ocean one order. I still haven’t $250 deposit. Today I went to test drive BMW iX50. Amazing build quality. Nice performance. Perfect size for what I’m looking for (X5) Spoke to old dealer friend. I can slot in today and will pay sticker $95,000. Still have full tax deductions so actual price will be around $86K and I should get it inn3-5 months. Now thinking I’ll order that car.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Got an invite today.

$5k non-refundable - no thanks.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Got an invite today.

$5k non-refundable - no thanks.
The fact they are still sending invites for the first 5k vehicles over a week after the OP got his invite says a little something.
Like you, I'm not willing to put 5k non-refundable down on a date that is not solid.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

The fact they are still sending invites for the first 5k vehicles over a week after the OP got his invite says a little something.
Like you, I'm not willing to put 5k non-refundable down on a date that is not solid.

I was wondering about that, if I placed a order today when would i get it lol

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Yep - it doesn't sound like those first 5,000 slots are exactly flying off the shelves. I can't find when I actually reserved the One, but i think it was mid February

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Fisker: "hey good news! You've been selected to be a part of our first batch of cars!"

Buyer: "awesome, yeah sign me up!"

Fisker: "well I'm gonna need another $5,000"

Buyer: "oh ok, but it goes towards the purchase right?"

Fisker: "oh yeah, for sure"

Buyer: "ok good. So how long will that be then?"

Fisker: "ummm....not really sure. Definitely soonish though. Like for sure before the end of 2023"

Buyer: "huh that's a long time...what if I change my mind between now and then because it takes too long? Can I have my $5,000 back?"

Fisker: "well....about that....."

Buyer: "hey haven't you been bankrupt before?"

Fisker: ".....hey I gotta run talk again soon!"

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Fisker: "hey good news! You've been selected to be a part of our first batch of cars!"

Buyer: "awesome, yeah sign me up!"

Fisker: "well I'm gonna need another $5,000"

Buyer: "oh ok, but it goes towards the purchase right?"

Fisker: "oh yeah, for sure"

Buyer: "ok good. So how long will that be then?"

Fisker: "ummm....not really sure. Definitely soonish though. Like for sure before the end of 2023"

Buyer: "huh that's a long time...what if I change my mind between now and then because it takes too long? Can I have my $5,000 back?"

Fisker: "well....about that....."

Buyer: "hey haven't you been bankrupt before?"

Fisker: ".....hey I gotta run talk again soon!"

LMAOOOOOOO

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yep - it doesn't sound like those first 5,000 slots are exactly flying off the shelves. I can't find when I actually reserved the One, but i think it was mid February
My order was Jan 3rd. Not sure if that is early or late to the party, but I was surprised to be getting the e-mail a week after the OP had gotten his. Doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

LMAOOOOOOO
It's even funnier when you picture Fisker as GOB (as played by Will Arnette) and the buyer as Michael Bluth (as played by Jason Bateman).
Sponsored