kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It's even funnier when you picture Fisker as GOB (as played by Will Arnette) and the buyer as Michael Bluth (as played by Jason Bateman).

I would love to see a skit based off of that lol.
Sponsored

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
There is a lot of inaccurate information being shared here.

The Ocean One deposit is refundable IF they went out of business/didn't produce the vehicle... which is the only thing that matters right? No problem with asking for 5 grand to lock in your specific order for production.

A simple Google search would show you they are saying end of 2023 for Ocean One because they aren't producing them for every region at the same time. They are producing them with the Extreme trim also.

Rivian R1T R1S Fisker Ocean order….. Screenshot_20220713-095319_Chrome
Rivian R1T R1S Fisker Ocean order….. Screenshot_20220713-095401_Chrome

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
There is a lot of inaccurate information being shared here.

The Ocean One deposit is refundable IF they went out of business/didn't produce the vehicle... which is the only thing that matters right? No problem with asking for 5 grand to lock in your specific order for production.

How is that $5k deposit refundable if they BK? You just get in line with all the other creditors... need a BK lawyer in here to confirm this.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

No problem with asking for 5 grand to lock in your specific order for production.
Actually, yes it is a problem to ask me for a non-refundable $5k for a vehicle that nobody I trust has actually gotten their hands on from a company with a dubious history. Add in that nobody else is asking for nearly that much money as a deposit - it doesn't instill confidence. I actually feels like desperation.

Clearly others agree with me if I'm getting an invite at this point since I was very late on the other reservation.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I have a reservation for an Ocean and PEAR because why not. The Ultra version has great specs for the price if they can deliver it all. Still trying to find the next EV for my wife since the R1S is definitely going to be mine. Having Magna build the Ocean is a good fact. Not sure about Foxconn and the PEAR.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It is a lot of money to ask up front, for sure....the issue is it has a bespoke rotating screen and a very large solar roof on the One and the Extreme trims. With supply constraints, etc, maybe in order to have the manufacturers of these items produce them, they were in need of concrete orders. (I'm just shooting in the dark here). Fisker has 1 billion in reserve vs Rivian's 18 billion....so procuring things right now is a big task I imagine.

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Actually, yes it is a problem to ask me for a non-refundable $5k for a vehicle that nobody I trust has actually gotten their hands on from a company with a dubious history. Add in that nobody else is asking for nearly that much money as a deposit - it doesn't instill confidence. I actually feels like desperation.

Clearly others agree with me if I'm getting an invite at this point since I was very late on the other reservation.
No. It isn't a problem. Can ask for whatever just like you can say no I'm not doing it. Wild part is people here in these forums were paying thousands for a delivery RANGE before a vehicle was produced.... But a company says pay 5 grand to lock in your build, and because it's not Rivian, it's ridiculous. We all want a Rivian, but it's a car company and we as a whole need to stop being fan boys.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

No. It isn't a problem. Can ask for whatever just like you can say no I'm not doing it. Wild part is people here in these forums were paying thousands for a delivery RANGE before a vehicle was produced.... But a company says pay 5 grand to lock in your build, and because it's not Rivian, it's ridiculous. We all want a Rivian, but it's a car company and we as a whole need to stop being fan boys.
Your Rivian comparisons make zero sense. Nobody here paid Rivian "thousands" for a delivery range. We put down a $1,000 refundable deposit. And, because you seem to be missing key points let me be clear $1,000 < $5,000 and Refundable > Non Refundable. There is no similarity between the two scenarios.

In the end this has nothing to do with being a Rivian "fan boy" because this has nothing to do with Rivian.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Wild part is people here in these forums were paying thousands for a delivery RANGE before a vehicle was produced.... But a company says pay 5 grand to lock in your build, and because it's not Rivian, it's ridiculous.
How does putting this $5k lock me in to anything BUT a delivery range?

Fisker literally has not started producing a vehicle and they are offering a range/estimated delivery per your previous post.
If the $5k actually locked me in to a delivery date that they would commit to right now, then I would actually do it assuming it was in the late part of 2022 or early part of 2023.

Late part of 2022 is not even a remote chance for the NA market if they don't start building until November.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Yeah, we decided to pass on doing the Fisker Ocean One. The $5k being non-refundable just wasn’t okay with me. If it was refundable, we probably would have done it. Also, the range in production dates is pretty wide and they will begin producing the Extreme within the same timeframe as the One. I’m okay missing out on a special signature.

Sponsored

Sharpobjects4321

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Attorney
why not keep your R1S deposit down its pre march 3, the resale value for one of those is I think going to be R1T on steroids. IMO. I wouldn't cancel a pre-March 3rd order ever.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Decided to pull off of the Ocean one order. I still haven’t $250 deposit. Today I went to test drive BMW iX50. Amazing build quality. Nice performance. Perfect size for what I’m looking for (X5) Spoke to old dealer friend. I can slot in today and will pay sticker $95,000. Still have full tax deductions so actual price will be around $86K and I should get it inn3-5 months. Now thinking I’ll order that car.
iX is a nice car IMO. I am so used to with the HUD and Apple CarPlay that I am now thinking whether R1S would be good move. I need a 3rd row so no 2-row EV is an option for me.

q177onique

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
I pulled the trigger on the Fisker Ocean last week. The 5k non refundable is totally sketchy, but I think I’ll take delivery before my R1S. I sold my model X at the beginning of the year. I’m driving an ICE full time after driving EV’s since 2013 and hate it. I’m desperate for one of my reservations to come. Ultimately, the RIS is my first choice. I think I’ll be able to sell the Fisker when the time comes. I also have a reservation on a Lyric but don’t plan on following thru on it since I’m locked into Fisker now. Before the 5k deposit I was leaving it up to which one would deliver first.

BigNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Model Y SR, 22 Leaf, 22 Chevy Silverado
I put my refundable $200 on a Vinfast VF9 and I got a $5k voucher from them and they may deliver end of 2022. Seems like a safer option to me.
Sponsored