Sponsored

Folks that did matte/stealth/satin PPF, any regrets, lessons?

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e, Polestar 2, Mini Countryman
Clubs

Choosing between stealth or gloss on a blue R1T. I’m curious for people here that’s had their stealth PPF for a while, what’s been your experience? Anything of note? Regrets? Still love it? I’ve heard stealth handles water spots and fingerprints better than gloss, not sure if that’s substantiated, has that been your experience?
Sponsored

flush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
tech
all i can say is i regret going with gloss over matte ppf..... my daughter reminds me every day.

Schroederhc

First Name
Bub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just picked up my midnight T from getting the Stealth PPF. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I like the way it looks 2x better!

OP
OP

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

all i can say is i regret going with gloss over matte ppf..... my daughter reminds me every day.
matte Tesla somehow doesn’t look attractive to me but works well on other luxury exotics. I’ve seen Austin Martin vanquish around my neighborhood that looks great in matte. I haven’t seen a R1T in matte in person yet but picture online looks nice, seems to compliment the lines of the truck.

OP
OP

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I just picked up my midnight T from getting the Stealth PPF. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I like the way it looks 2x better!
it seems like dark colors really works for stealth. Midnight, granite, etc

Sponsored

DeanB1452

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T LE/LG/BM
Occupation
IT Administrator
Clubs

I added the Xpel Stealth PPF a few months ago and love it! It has gotten really dirty going to Moab and my last trip with Bay Area Rivian Club. The dirt washes right off.
Rivian R1T R1S Folks that did matte/stealth/satin PPF, any regrets, lessons? IMG_7298
Rivian R1T R1S Folks that did matte/stealth/satin PPF, any regrets, lessons? IMG_7299

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I think Rivian Blue is one of those colors that works well both ways - gloss and matte. Also my personal recommendation is to not go with XPEL, and consider STEK for PPF films. I’ve found their products, especially the matte films to be much better quality and provide better paint clarity over XPEL films.

I have Red Canyon and there’s no way in hell I’d mute it with matte PPF. It’s needed to shine bright, so we gloss PPF’d it.

OP
OP

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I think Rivian Blue is one of those colors that works well both ways - gloss and matte. Also my personal recommendation is to not go with XPEL, and consider STEK for PPF films. I’ve found their products, especially the matte films to be much better quality and provide better paint clarity over XPEL films.

I have Red Canyon and there’s no way in hell I’d mute it with matte PPF. It’s needed to shine bright, so we gloss PPF’d it.
great tip, will have to look into this. I’ve only contacted authorized Xpel dealers since that’s what Rivian uses.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

great tip, will have to look into this. I’ve only contacted authorized Xpel dealers since that’s what Rivian uses.
I believe Rivian and other auto manufactures choose XPEL because they're the only company that will offer deeper discounts. The XPEL PPF products definitely provide great protection, but with regards to clarity, there are better products on the market.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Rivian R1T R1S Folks that did matte/stealth/satin PPF, any regrets, lessons? IMG_7807

If you do end up doing Stealth, I highly, highly recommend you apply Gyeon Matte Ceramic coating on top of the film. Super easy to apply and wipe off (no prep other than washing prior) and the beading and ease of washing/air drying with a leaf blower, is top notch! 16 months later still going strong. (Pictured here on my Stealth Xpel LA Silver)

OP
OP

waveroamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

IMG_7807.jpeg

If you do end up doing Stealth, I highly, highly recommend you apply Gyeon Matte Ceramic coating on top of the film. Super easy to apply and wipe off (no prep other than washing prior) and the beading and ease of washing/air drying with a leaf blower, is top notch! 16 months later still going strong. (Pictured here on my Stealth Xpel LA Silver)
Is that more or less the same thing as the ceramic package offered by PPF company?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Is that more or less the same thing as the ceramic package offered by PPF company?
I suppose, but some times installers charge an arm and a leg and use a “cheaper” product or don’t tell you what they use. This tiny bottle will cost you like $90, you only need 3/4 of the bottle for entire vehicle, it’s simple, and made for matte.
Sponsored