Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

If you already have ceramic applied to paint, I think they would have to remove it before applying PPF. Ceramic is a barrier that repells. So for sake of adhesion of film, it can't be there. Ceramic can be applied on top of PPF, for ease of washing and to better UV-resistance.
They will have to strip it off for sure.
Sponsored

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many toys
$6500 is going price in VA as well...

no regrets doing it...

RivianDad2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Audi R8 V8, Toyota Prius
XPEL Stealth, machine cut using plotter patterns they have (through workign with Rivian) it's about $5k for a full wrap. Some shops may charge more depending on their overhead and/or typical clientele. And some shops may add an inch or two to the pattern for better coverage around edges.

Shops that don't do machine-cut patterns will likely charge more, because it's more maual labor and more material used/wasted.
Yeah, my understanding is that Rivian has a deal with XPel that dramatically reduced the cost. I’ve gotten quotes for XPel matte PPF for around ~$5,500 in SoCal for the wrapped PPF or $4,500 using the pre-cut kit.

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Yeah, my understanding is that Rivian has a deal with XPel that dramatically reduced the cost. I’ve gotten quotes for XPel matte PPF for around ~$5,500 in SoCal for the wrapped PPF or $4,500 using the pre-cut kit.
Unless the precut kit is over cut to be able to wrap the edges, I would not do that. You want the edges wrapped.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I had mine done at Essence Motorsport in Lake Forest, not too far from Rivian HQ. Added XPEL ceramic a day before pickup after some research. Bird poop rinses right off.

Sponsored

Warmoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW 20
After calling four shops in the Denver area, it seems the price for Xpel front 1/4 is about $2,500 and another $2,000 for the four doors.

There was a youtuber that did full body matte in north Denver and it was $7500. Forget if there was any window tint or ceramic added.

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
Hypothetical on PPF..IF I keep my r1 for 10 year..what is the process of removing and reapplying PPF? Or is PPF good for life?

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Hypothetical on PPF..IF I keep my r1 for 10 year..what is the process of removing and reapplying PPF? Or is PPF good for life?
PPF is warrantied 5~10 yrs, pending which one you choose. Look up each product’s site. How long they last beyond warranty depends on the product and care/usage. Removal is just like peeling off vinyl decals. Find a local shop with online presence, chat them up and they can go into greater detail.

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
That depends on the shop you had install it. The shop I used (which charged me $7K for whole vehicle PPF) has a lifetime warrantee that also covers edges lifting and damage due to rock strikes, etc. (which I already have a few of).

I'm guessing that the bargain basement shops going for a low installed price point won't offer this.

Brian

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I am looking to get Matte Paint protection applied. I've gotten 2 quotes from the same shop that seem very high to me. They said 10ml Matte Paint Protection film for an R1T would be $6500 or 3ml Color Change (White Matte) film would be $3500. This is in Northern New Jersey.

Has anyone done it on their truck? Please share what the cost was and the location if you don't mind. TY

1704225267950.png
6500 is reasonable for a stealth/matte job. Matt requires more disassembly to cover all possible exposed areas where the glass finish may show through so it cost more. Plus PPF is a lot more expensive than Vinyl. 3500 would be for looks only. The stealth PPF provides looks, self healing, and protection.

Just make sure you're using a reputable shop and that you know what is included. All corners edges should be wrapped. No gloss, finish exposed, etc. When you get a stealth PPF.

Sponsored

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Mine was ceramic coated before and no issues in a year.
It’s possible the shop took it off before installing and never said anything. They have to clean the car and they would have seen the ceramic on the car as soon as the water beaded up. Every person I have talked to about PPF indicates ceramic has to come off first. In the end it’s up to the shop installing the PPF because they are the ones that warranty it.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I have PPF from 2010(likely 3M) on my car It's on a black car and is fine for now. PPF yellows over time and that is the biggest problem. With black color, it's a non issue.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I have PPF from 2010(likely 3M) on my car It's on a black car and is fine for now. PPF yellows over time and that is the biggest problem. With black color, it's a non issue.
XPEL and other current day premiere brands claim theirs don’t yellow. We shall see.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I just had the R1S front area (up to windshield) done for $1900. This included the lights, bumpers-everything in the front. I went in asking for the entire car but the owner said he has 5 of his own cars with only the front area done and the rest is ceramic. So, went with that. Very happy with the results.
Sponsored