Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

I am looking to get Matte Paint protection applied. I've gotten 2 quotes from the same shop that seem very high to me. They said 10ml Matte Paint Protection film for an R1T would be $6500 or 3ml Color Change (White Matte) film would be $3500. This is in Northern New Jersey.

Has anyone done it on their truck? Please share what the cost was and the location if you don't mind. TY

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? 1704225267950
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

PPF vs Color Change Vinyl are very different.

You need to decide what you want before you can make the decision. Do you just want the look or do you want any additional protection? Your standard color change vinyl, especially in matte finish, is not durable at all.

Both of those prices provided are more than fair; honestly for full PPF or full color change they seem awful low especially for that area.

I paid $5500 for a complete color change on my MachE with hand laid stripes; $2200 for the full front PPF Xpel of my Volvo C40 and another $2500 for the full front with Xpel on my Rivian (with some black out included) - this is in the PNW.

Last edited:

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

$5700 for matte PPF on R1T in NC. This is after a site sponsor 10% discount. Will move the pics to my computer and share shortly. Files are too large to upload here.

this price was for minor paint correction, full wrap and ceramic coating over the wrap.

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6097

OP
OP
kozak79

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

PPF vs Color Change Vinyl are very different.

You need to decide what you want before you can make the decision. Do you just want the look or do you want any additional protection? Your standard color change vinyl, especially in matte finish, is not durable at all.
I understand, but $6500 seems very high.

835Horses

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi R8
Occupation
Software
Also if you only want paint protection or ceramic coating as well which some of the more expensive films now include

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Honestly based on quotes I have got and seen $5-7k for PPF seems about right depending on the market. Also I think generally Matte wraps have a premium over gloss. The higher cost for PPF is due to the time/effort to do paint correction.

I should add that my wrap cost my $4k but I had more than a color change.

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
XPEL Stealth, machine cut using plotter patterns they have (through workign with Rivian) it's about $5k for a full wrap. Some shops may charge more depending on their overhead and/or typical clientele. And some shops may add an inch or two to the pattern for better coverage around edges.

Shops that don't do machine-cut patterns will likely charge more, because it's more maual labor and more material used/wasted.

Sponsored

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

$5700 for matte PPF on R1T in NC. This is after a site sponsor 10% discount. Will move the pics to my computer and share shortly. Files are too large to upload here.

this price was for minor paint correction, full wrap and ceramic coating over the wrap.

IMG_6097.jpeg
Here is my R1T fully wrapped in matte.

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6095 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6097 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6098 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6100 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6101 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6102 2.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6103 2.JPG

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

IMG_6097.jpeg
Here is my R1S fully wrapped in Matte.

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6757.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6758.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6759.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Paint Protection PPF Cost? IMG_6760.JPG

Npa201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 M50i, BMW IX 50, R1S on order.
Haven’t gotten vehicle back yet but dropped of R1S at detailer last week in Northern NJ and it was also $6500. When I did BMW IX a year ago it was $7000 but also ceramic coated interior leather. About 8 months before that had PPF applied to front of Tesla MYP through the A pillar and window tinting and was $2500. Similar cost for front of x5 through the A pillar and some of the door frames that were gloss black to minimize scratching.

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Prices are obscene and typical. I DIYes front, hood and tailgate with 3m film for about $400. I will probably do rear quarter panel in the next month. Else I will let insurance cover the paint cost if something happens.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I already had ceramic coating done.
If you already have ceramic applied to paint, I think they would have to remove it before applying PPF. Ceramic is a barrier that repells. So for sake of adhesion of film, it can't be there. Ceramic can be applied on top of PPF, for ease of washing and to better UV-resistance.
Sponsored