First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Last night the genius across the street decided to blow off a ton of fireworks in the street vs. his own backyard like most people do. I woke up to three of our cars littered with debris from his pyrotechnics. Thankfully with the help of cleaner wax from my boat all the marks came off my hood, the Tesla hood and the i3 hood.

So, I think it's time to get the front end wrapped, just the hood and flat nose area should do in my case as I don't really drive a lot. My R1T was delivered Jan 20th and I just broke 1K miles on the odometer last week.

With that in mind.. I'm looking for cost info from anyone who has done similar work (just a front end wrap) before I call my PPF guy (who has done both our Tesla's earlier) so I know if I have to negotiate with him or not if his price is reasonable.

Thanks in advance!

Rivian R1T R1S Front End Wrap Cost? 943pm

Found this nice little souvenir sitting on my wiper...
Rivian R1T R1S Front End Wrap Cost? 1688570612240

My Hood this morning....
Rivian R1T R1S Front End Wrap Cost? 20230705_084733

My roof this morning...
Rivian R1T R1S Front End Wrap Cost? 20230705_084225
Sponsored

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

just go with XPEL Rivian package and ask your installer to match it and then charge a little more for wrapped edges and anything else you want covered like A pillars and a top of the front roof.

Get the front extended PPF option with headlights and fog lights. Get a quote from your installer using Rivian XPEL as a base price.

https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian

Rivian R1T R1S Front End Wrap Cost? image

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

just go with XPEL Rivian package and ask your installer to match it and then charge a little more for wrapped edges and anything else you want covered like A pillars and a top of the front roof.

Get the front extended PPF option with headlights and fog lights. Get a quote from your installer using Rivian XPEL as a base price.

https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian

image.png
Curious how much "a little more" should be? I was quoted just over 2,000 for XPEL PPF front end that's wrapped where possible, A pillars, horizontal area of roof before the glass, all lights, mirror caps, and the piano black pieces on the front (though not the silver part at the bottom). That sound reasonable for Chicago area?

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Curious how much "a little more" should be? I was quoted just over 2,000 for XPEL PPF front end that's wrapped where possible, A pillars, horizontal area of roof before the glass, all lights, mirror caps, and the piano black pieces on the front (though not the silver part at the bottom). That sound reasonable for Chicago area?
Price sounds about right as long as the installer is good quality and will wrap the edges.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NY_Rob

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
That sucks!!! :(

As for the front end wrap, we make & sell a DIY version without edge wrapping (edge wrapping coming soon though):
https://twraps.com/products/full-front-ppf-for-rivian-r1t

We also sell PPF for each panel of the R1T separately, you can browse all products here:
https://twraps.com/collections/rivian-r1t

You can use code GASGONE for 10% off.
Thanks for that... but I have tried applying PPF myself and have to admit I failed miserably! I will have to have someone install it, and I know I will have issues if I bring in someone else's product and ask them to install it. In a perfect world it shouldn't be like that.. but it is like that so I will have to use the installers product otherwise likely no warranty on the labor.

Last edited:

swaggner

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3M / Rivian R1T (future)
Clubs

Sounds about right. Had a local installer (Maryland) do a full front wrap with xpel Ultimate for $2k. Benefit of a (good) pro is that they should prep the paint to remove imperfections from the factory before applying the film.

Wrapped edges will look much better in the long run especially on lighter colors (edges trap and show dirt).

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Full wrap, Xpel Stealth, edges included, cheapest I found in Dallas is $5500. That company has great reviews on yelp but not responding. So I'm actually going with someone else charging $5900

Last edited:

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I paid ~$1900-2000 for:
Full front w/ Edges wrapped.
Gear tunnel PPF redone.
Inside doorframe "step" area done all 4 doors.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

I paid ~$1900-2000 for:
Full front w/ Edges wrapped.
Gear tunnel PPF redone.
Inside doorframe "step" area done all 4 doors.
That's pretty good! Did your full front include A pillars and the section of roof before the glass? Also includes lights/light bar? If so, definitely better pricing than what I got here in IL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NY_Rob

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the info so far guys.. I called my installer and he's going to work up a couple of options/prices for me. I'll post back what he sends me, but he's booked solid till the 20th at which point he's going out of the country for a couple of weeks so it looks like my wrap will have to get done in Aug or Sept..

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I always use the same guy (I live in SoCal) and he charges me $2K for front end for all of my vehicles I've done with him.

This includes hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, and mirrors. Edges all wrapped. He will also do the top of the rear bumper and under door handles for no charge if you choose.

I asked him for my upcoming R1S and he said same thing. There's a possibility I will have him PPF the rear lower bumper for anything that's kicked up by the rear tires.

Places around me seem to charge anywhere from $1200-2500 but as you know PPF installation quality can vary greatly. I'd rather not squabble over a couple hundred dollars and go somewhere that has a proven record.

Never go with the cheapest place. SoCal obviously has a lot of options. I've seen $750 front end PPF installs. My 3 year old could do a better job. I've also seen $1500 entire car vinyl wraps. You can see the quality, it is not good. A good vinyl wrap (not PPF) should be in the $3-5K range depending on size/complexity of vehicle.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
That's pretty good! Did your full front include A pillars and the section of roof before the glass? Also includes lights/light bar? If so, definitely better pricing than what I got here in IL.
Yes on the lights, no on the a pillars (I think... I'll check)

S.Mueller

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra 1500SLT, Ioniq5
I always use the same guy (I live in SoCal) and he charges me $2K for front end for all of my vehicles I've done with him.

This includes hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, and mirrors. Edges all wrapped. He will also do the top of the rear bumper and under door handles for no charge if you choose.

I asked him for my upcoming R1S and he said same thing. There's a possibility I will have him PPF the rear lower bumper for anything that's kicked up by the rear tires.

Places around me seem to charge anywhere from $1200-2500 but as you know PPF installation quality can vary greatly. I'd rather not squabble over a couple hundred dollars and go somewhere that has a proven record.

Never go with the cheapest place. SoCal obviously has a lot of options. I've seen $750 front end PPF installs. My 3 year old could do a better job. I've also seen $1500 entire car vinyl wraps. You can see the quality, it is not good. A good vinyl wrap (not PPF) should be in the $3-5K range depending on size/complexity of vehicle.
I’m also in SoCal, Santa Clarita, and would appreciate info on your installer as I should have my R1S soon and will want a front PPF done.

Last edited:

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
A local shop here did my whole front end (bumper, lights, fenders, hood, mirrors, and door knobs) for $1600 but did not include the A pillars, the strip above the windshield, etc. So I had them add those along with the strip along the top of the tailgate for $100 more. Fully wrapped edges.

I would have liked to do the whole truck but the price difference was too big to justify for me. $1600 vs $6000.
Sponsored