Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Mostly retired :)
Clubs

Well. I finally got my R1T on back roads north of Tucson, AZ this past weekend. I was there for the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show, but my good buddy John Hill who leads a lot of 'serious' off road adventures, took me to the Ironwood/Silverbell area of Pinal county for some off-roading. He shied away from the real tough stuff until my truck has some more serious dents - he haerd about the high price of body repair - so we didn't try the notorious Chiva Falls trails. But next time.

But these roads with deep, thick mud, lots of sand, rock, mild roack crawling, etc. did give my new 275/60 K02s and 20-inch LiquidMetal Blade wheels a workout They did really well. The R1T in off road 'high' and highest modes worked perfectly. Forded about a two foot deep and slow pools and creeks as well. I post some pics of the beautiful AZ day below. Love the muddy Rivian badge. Maybe someone from Rivian will want that pic for advertizsng! Next year, Chiva Falls

Rivian R1T R1S Fun in the Tucson Sun - mud and other debris offroading IMG_3527

Rivian R1T R1S Fun in the Tucson Sun - mud and other debris offroading IMG_3530

Rivian R1T R1S Fun in the Tucson Sun - mud and other debris offroading IMG_3536

Rivian R1T R1S Fun in the Tucson Sun - mud and other debris offroading IMG_3541

Rivian R1T R1S Fun in the Tucson Sun - mud and other debris offroading IMG_3549

Rivian R1T R1S Fun in the Tucson Sun - mud and other debris offroading IMG_3551
Sponsored

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
Rad. Coming from Snowy NY that looks pretty wonderful. Gotta end with the water next time for some natural baths

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Nice! I’m up in Phoenix (3/4 of the time). Are these trials on Trails Offroad? Will research them and try them out next time down there.

Glad you had a great time and great guide! Loving seeing Rivians off road! I’m overdue for an off road excursion…

Wheels and tires look great! 👍🏽

OP
OP

Dr Medjools

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Mostly retired :)
Clubs

Off I10 at Red Rocks . Take Sasco road to Silverbell Road. Make a loop around the area . It’s in trail books.