Sponsored

Garage Door programming

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I also have a Genie Pro. I tried one original remote and two Genie branded replacement remotes, and I even tried using new batteries, but my R1T does not recognize that I'm pushing the button on the remote. (The remote has an LED when it's sending, so I know it's sending...)

The garage door opening function on the R1T *does* work on a different garage with a Liftmaster, so it doesn't appear this is a hardware problem.

Mobile service is scheduled for the end of November, two months after I opened the ticket.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I also have a Genie Pro. Itried one original remote and two Genie branded replacement remotes, and I even tried using new batteries, but my R1T does not recognize that I'm pushing the button on the remote. (The remote has an LED when it's sending, so I know it's sending...)

The garage door opening function on the R1T *does* work on a different garage with a Liftmaster, so it doesn't appear this is a hardware problem.

Mobile service is scheduled for the end of November, two months after I opened the ticket.
I purchased a replacement remote that was recommended (see my earlier post) and it worked the first time.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I had a service call at home on Tuesday and we were able to finally get the truck to open my Genie Pro garage door opener. The solution was using a different remote. Even though both remotes operate the garage door opener, only one was able to pair with the truck. Why? Who knows? Could be worth trying for those having trouble.
I have an Overhead Door Legacy model, and based on a recommendation from a Reddit user, I bought a new garage remote.
The listing on Amazon states that it also works with Genie models. It may be worth a try!

I bought the three button design. From the description,
  • Works for GIT-3/ACSCTG Type3/ACSCTO Type3,replacement remote for IntelliCode Genie and Overhead Door garage door openers manufactured since 1997. (NOT work for remote with dip switches)
Garage Remote

Mobile service was unable to get my R1T to open my Genie Pro. He concluded that the Genie Pro was incompatible with the Rivian. This is not true, as demonstrated by others in this thread who were successful.

So following the advice of @Quattro Powers from above, I purchased the replacement remotes using the link provided.

I received the remotes the other day, paired one with my garage door, then was immediately successful in getting my R1T to recognize this new remote then getting my R1T to operate my garage door.

It worked! Thanks @Quattro Powers, that was very useful advice, and I now can open my garage door from my Rivian.

My conclusion is that the real problem here is the OEM Genie remotes I have are not being detected and/or recognized by Rivian's hardware/software. (I tried all three remotes). The garage door opener itself IS compatible, and WILL work, but since the Rivian is learning the signal from the remote, it's important to have a remote that the Rivian can recognize.

Again, the remote from Amazon WORKS. It comes in a two-pack, so I plan to keep one (in case my Rivian ever needs to learn the garage door again) and I plan to give the other one to my local Rivian service center. Hopefully this will help Rivian figure out what the underlying problem is, but at the very least this should help my local service center to be more successful in fixing this problem for the next customer.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Mobile service was unable to get my R1T to open my Genie Pro. He concluded that the Genie Pro was incompatible with the Rivian. This is not true, as demonstrated by others in this thread who were successful.

So following the advice of @Quattro Powers from above, I purchased the replacement remotes using the link provided.

I received the remotes the other day, paired one with my garage door, then was immediately successful in getting my R1T to recognize this new remote then getting my R1T to operate my garage door.

It worked! Thanks @Quattro Powers, that was very useful advice, and I now can open my garage door from my Rivian.

My conclusion is that the real problem here is the OEM Genie remotes I have are not being detected and/or recognized by Rivian's hardware/software. (I tried all three remotes). The garage door opener itself IS compatible, and WILL work, but since the Rivian is learning the signal from the remote, it's important to have a remote that the Rivian can recognize.

Again, the remote from Amazon WORKS.
I’m glad that it worked for you. I saved my extra remote to use for a backup.

roberttatefan

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, S7, Exocet, JGC
I have an Overhead Door Co (Model 696CD/B). Unfortunately, no luck programming with a working remote, nor with the Amazon remotes Quattro Powers suggested.

I tried several different remotes (both that were included from Amazon, a key fob style remote, and two other working openers). The truck never registers the button push. It's a rolling/learning style opener, but it never registers the initial transmission.

I have a ticket open.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
My wife was able to pair her R1S on the first try. By "first try" I mean the first time she ever tried to pair one herself without just telling me to do it.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Chamberlain B1381T Smart Garage Door Opener - worked following the Rivian onscreen directions using the chamberlain fob. I had the fob programed for all 3 buttons to open the same opener, but only the third button successfully programmed the Rivian. The first 2 failed.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
set up fine on first try. took like a minute (most of that was to get the footstool to get to the learn button.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I programmed all 3 of our gates in to the Rivian. All work perfectly.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Just added my old Genie Intellicode garage opener to the R1T. Took a couple tries but works fine. Now wishing for proximity opening. 🙏

Sponsored

gillmanvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I’m glad that it worked for you. I saved my extra remote to use for a backup.
I also used this same approach for my new R1S. The remote I had wasn’t working, so I ordered the suggested new remotes, programmed those to my garage door openers and has then able to successfully pair them to the software garage door opener on the Rivian.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Paired with my Genie. Took several tries and only worked when the door was closed and wife hit the program button inside.

Trouble is, it’ll only open the garage and will NOT close it. WTF?

Not very useful since I’m pairing it specifically for the remote close functionality.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
That was an annoying waste of my time.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Finally got it to work properly with my Genie. Took at least 7-8 tries. To my mind I did nothing different the final time it worked.

At least 2023.30.00 will do something interesting now when it’s released.
Sponsored