First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
So today was one of those rare occasions where we got some hail in SoCal. Unfortunately, I was work all day about 50 miles away, when the rain first started coming down. About 30 minutes ago, my wife sends me a text saying that it started to hail. She included a video of the backyard. Me being the car guy, I immediately thought about her R1S in the driveway, so I pulled up the cameras on my cell phone. To my amazement, I see my fellow Rivian owner/ neighbors already outside throwing a tarp over the roof of the R1S. They definitely deserve a beer when I get home and probably a nicer present at Christmas.

Rivian R1T R1S Good neighbors watch each other's backs (and Rivians) hailrivian
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That is really cool to see! Not many people would risk cauliflower ear to save another person’s Rivian.

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
So today was one of those rare occasions where we got some hail in SoCal. Unfortunately, I was work all day about 50 miles away, when the rain first started coming down. About 30 minutes ago, my wife sends me a text saying that it started to hail. She included a video of the backyard. Me being the car guy, I immediately thought about her R1S in the driveway, so I pulled up the cameras on my cell phone. To my amazement, I see my fellow Rivian owner/ neighbors already outside throwing a tarp over the roof of the R1S. They definitely deserve a beer when I get home and probably a nicer present at Christmas.

hailrivian.jpg
And a big hug 🥰😎

Derkaramma

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1S QM-LP
Occupation
Nunya
Clubs

We drove up to see some snow and ended up in the middle of a pretty bad hail storm, putting that PPF to work 🤣

Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Nice neighbors. Not a bad storm it would seem but you never know I'd and when the hail will get big enough to cause damage. I'm glad everyone and everything's ok.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
This happened in me years ago when I was running a summer camp. I pulled my car under one of the shelters and then the kids and I grabbed these puzzle mat toys and started putting them on people’s car roofs. They worked surprisingly well and the marble-sized hail just bounced off.

I’ve been in a hailstorm before with another car and when it was all said and done it looked like a golf ball it had so many divots. Expensive to remove, too. Friggin’ hail.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Gonna counter this. A tarp isn't going to do squat against hail, definitely not against hail large enough to do damage on its own, and by putting one over a vehicle you could scratch the paint. While the general sentiment is nice...leave other people's property alone.
Sponsored