Sponsored

Had pick up scheduled for Tomorrow, Rivian calls says:

sirna7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, GLE, R1S
I saw a price change and reached out to the service center team (SF Bay Area, so guide assigned). They updated the price somehow but were missing the lease promotion. This is what took about two weeks to get sorted out with them going back and forth with the Finance Team.

Once this was completed, I then read about the Employee Referral Offer ($6k) got this added and everything got updated “automatically” within about 4 days.
Wait, what is this employee referral offer, and how does one get one? :D I don't have anyone in particular, but I was wondering if my guide or someone you know can refer me. In case...there is a mutual incentive.
Sponsored

cdcsf

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, MB Sprinter 4x4, Ford Bronco
Wait, what is this employee referral offer, and how does one get one? :D I don't have anyone in particular, but I was wondering if my guide or someone you know can refer me. In case...there is a mutual incentive.
I also did not have anyone in particular. I got in contact with an employee from this reddit thread.

Look for this section...
Rivian R1T R1S Had pick up scheduled for Tomorrow, Rivian calls says: 1716516451224-q7

the links (like "Employee here") will get you to the reddit IDs of employees offering to submit your order #. Reach out to an ID via Reddit DM. The employee that helped me only needed the order # (which you can get from your URL)...others have asked for additional info like full name, zip code, email, etc. Your vehicle order price should update in 48-72 hrs. Mine did in less than 48 hrs, and then the lease terms updated in another 48 hrs. Supposedly you have to pick up by Jun 1. (I am scheduled to pick up on Jun 1.)

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just reach out to any Rivian employee online or offline at the local center. Most are willing to give you a referral for the discount.

Rivian seems to be (and as they should be) very much concerned with sales volume at whatever cost seeing all these increasing demand levers, ie. late model discounts, inventory discounts, conquest discounts, referral discounts, interest rate discounts, inflated lease residuals, free accessories or options, and more. Holy moly.
The longer you wait, the more incentives and extras they are throwing at you to buy.

rivianbuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED
Occupation
DRINK MAKER
The real problem is you sign up for $100,000 SUV give them a down payment and they treat you like you’re some terrorist and you can’t get any insider information.
Rivian is a public company and that info would be considered “material” so they can’t tell one person without telling everyone… stock rules…

Wilsonos

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian, Raptor, Suburban, GLC300, 3500 GMC
Occupation
Owner

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've heard of Tesla in the past adjusting customers order after a price cut if they haven't taken delivery yet.

I am glad to see Rivian doing the same thing and not trying to nickel and dime the customer.

We want to see them return to buy the R2, R3, etc.

As a shareholder I appreciate Rivian doing the right thing and building goodwill / a lifelong brand versus a fly by night EV company.

BHWhite

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi e-tron, Porsche 996 Turbo
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Rivian has your money, a signed contract and a delivery date. Now they want to pull the deal and offer you something better? Something’s not adding up.
Something is definitely adding up. My delivery date got delayed for Lease Contract issues, and since then, Rivian has taken $12,250 off the price of the truck ($7250 Employee Referral & $5000 DMP credit back) so I recommend let them do their magic.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Something is definitely adding up. My delivery date got delayed for Lease Contract issues, and since then, Rivian has taken $12,250 off the price of the truck ($7250 Employee Referral & $5000 DMP credit back) so I recommend let them do their magic.
Im still waiting for my contract to update with the performance dual motor discount. Anyone have that update in their contract yet?

BHWhite

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Audi e-tron, Porsche 996 Turbo
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Im still waiting for my contract to update with the performance dual motor discount. Anyone have that update in their contract yet?
Yes

spleev

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 / Rivian R1T incoming
Occupation
Burrito Snob
Since I put my order in last Monday I've gotten an employee referral discount added then I noticed a whole new deal on the website for 23 Dual Motor Max (which I have ordered) and in the meantime no contact with any guides for 6 days and no lease issued, only numbers reflective of when I place my order last Monday on my transaction summary which are wrong. Then the delivery that was supposed to happen on Tuesday was cancelled because they found an issue with the tailgate on the truck I was supposed to get. This honestly has been one of the most frustrating car buying experiences I've every had. Hopefully all the discounts get rolled together in the final lease and the frustrating wait will be worth it.

Sponsored

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
What is this discount? I have my RIS scheduled for p/u 6.16, and how does one get additional discounts?

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
What is this discount? I have my RIS scheduled for p/u 6.16, and how does one get additional discounts?
For 2023 R1T leases only unfortunately.
Sponsored