Sponsored

Has anyone tried sound deadener spray in the wheel wells?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i was searching for something unrelated and stumbled on this. didnt know this was a thing. has anyone tried it on the R1 or any other vehicle and does it work?
Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone tried sound deadener spray in the wheel wells? Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 5.15.56 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083ZKP5L9
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I was also going to suggest using a durable mat style deadener (there are multiple brands) if that is a project you are wanting to do. Maybe use the mats then spray them with the coating. I bet that would make a significant difference.

I added it in the doors and back wall of my Tacoma when I was replacing the audio system and was impressed.

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I restored a 2002tii and used this liberally. Turned a 40 year old rattle can into something nearly as quiet as a modern BMW. It’s magical.

Just don’t know how it would be applied in the RIvian or if it would actually make a difference. My truck is really, really quiet.

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

+ for Dynamat

I applied it everywhere I could reach on my 4Runner I used to own, roof, doors, floor, trunk floor/lid... made a huge difference in quietness, doors felt more solid when closing, even when it rained it didn't sound like a tin can anymore.

Took 2 rolls of that stuff and 2 days out of my weekend, was well worth the hassle.

I presume 1 roll would be enough for Rivian because of glass roof.